Ugh....have you ever had one of those days....or a couple of those days strung together? We have this week. On Monday night I had to balance the checkbook before I could pay bills because when I looked at our account online something just didn't look right. I hate taking the time to do that. As proof, I had to do three months at a time. Well, I was right. I had made some mistakes. I had forgotten to enter several things from our vacation.....to the tune of $255! ARRRRRGGG. We have just enough in savings to cover these, but nothing more.
Yesterday all three kids started with the runny noses and coughs. Not good especially because we are trying to go up to WI this weekend to have Thanksgiving early with my parents, my Aunt Annie, and my cousins. Well, I have to do anything to get them over this because her immune system can't handle getting sick. So I called the doctor and she called in a prescription for us. I had to beg her to make sure it was generic because Allen's insurance has gone up 100% for prescriptions and 400% for deductibles!!! ~An aside: I HATE insurance companies and this whole mess of health care. Here is my new low: I didn't have the money for all the medicine we needed. I have commited to stop using my credit card as my safety net and trust God more. So, I had to take in all our change just to get the kids' medicine. Humbling to say the least. Irritating as well!
Bright spots: We had $27 in the coin jar and the medicines came to $26.15. Phew! Then as we were walking out, there was this poor older lady trying to push her walker and pull her cart. I asked if I could help her so she could hold on to her walker with both hands. She immediately accepted, so I knew that no nitwhit with a blue "How may I help you" vest even bothered to offer to help her....but there was someone standing right there yelling "Welcome to Walmart". Oooh....I was so angry at the lack of human compassion much less customer service. So, I helped her out to her car which took us a little bit to locate even though she was in the second handicapped spot right out front. Then the poor thing was in a short sleeved Grandma shirt and sandals because she thought it was going to be warm yesterday. Well, it was only 50. Then as we were packing her car up she tugged on her pants and said, "Oooh, did I wet myself?" I felt so badly for her. By the time we had gotten her loaded and lined her seat with a bag she was soaked and cold. Humiliating! She also was telling me that she had just lost her husband 4 months ago and was now having to live in an assisted living place.
So God showed me how petty my seemingly overwhelming issues are.
Allen is always late getting home from work, yet praise God he isn't my late husband.
I was humiliated taking in my change jar to buy medicine, yet at least I didn't wet my pants in the parking lot of Walmart in front of a perfect stranger. My house was a disaster, yet at least I have a house.
God has been teaching me so much about perspective! Please pray for us to get over this sickness fast!!!
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
God is so good! You were trusting God to provide and you had almost the exact amount of change for medicine! That is really amazing!
How sad about the little lady! Did you catch her name? I would like to keep her in my prayers.
Have you ever seen the program Microsoft Money? It is an awesome program! It helps you set up a budget, has a checkbook recorder and much more! If you have online banking you can link it to your account and it will clear things as they go through the bank. Also, it helps you know where your money is going...when you enter something into your checkbook recorded it makes you put it in a category so you know how much you spend on that one thing...like gas and groceries. I think the program is about $30...a great thing to ask someone to get you for Christmas! I can help you set it up too...I love this kind of stuff!
monica - we counted our pennies out to put out a required hefty downpayment on our church house because we couldn't get a normal loan. It was tight for a little bit but God provided a way for us to refinance and we were able to get our savings back and are now using it to remodel the house. God is good and in control - hang in there and we are praying the kids feel better - ASAP!
Thank you guys for the encouragement!
Beth, no I didn't ask her name, nor did I even think of introducing myself :( Yes, please do pray for her! I don't know if I could keep up with that program...even though I really like the link to online banking. I am afraid it would just fall by the wayside and I would waste the money.
Sherry, that is so awesome that you got to refinance and everything is running so smoothly.
You guys are right...God is so good to us. I like that right when I was at the end of my rope he put someone in my path that needed assistance more than me :)
Post a Comment