Tuesday, November 21, 2006

You Know What Time It Is!

All right all of you faithful Kish blog watchers. It is that time of the week again. Drum roll please..........yahoo....I lost another 2 pounds this week. So, that is a total of 34 pounds lost and counting. Well, I am not too hopeful I will be counting in the right direction with Thanksgiving coming up but God is powerful and can give me the strength to be really good :)

Also, Allen hit another milestone today. He is officially down 60 pounds!!!!! I just can't believe that. That's more than Joseph and Emily put together. Impressive. I am so proud of him. He is looking so very good!!!!!!!!!!

Hope all our fellow WW buddies and weight loss buddies are doing just as well. I am looking for updates from Karen, Roxane, Michelle and Christina. It is nice having so many people doing it so that we can all be accountable to each other.

12 comments:

Scott and Beth said...

Wonderful! I'm so proud of you both! Only 6 more pounds and you two will be down 100 pounds! That is quite impressive!

Scott and Beth said...

Hey…I’ve been meaning to ask you…how is Emily doing with her lack of pacifier?

Troy & Sherry said...

monica - you are wonderful! once we move into our house - i think i may start giving you updates - i wanna lose a few before we start trying to have a baby :) keep up the GREAT work - give allen a high five for me :)

Anonymous said...

Good for you Monica! It takes great faith, courage, and struggle with self to come this far. I know it is something I must soon step up and put in motion myself. . . thanks for the challenge!

Monica said...

Beth....she is doing pretty well. The first couple of days was really rough. My mommy heart wanted to give in. She just wanted it as comfort so badly. It almost made me cry. I had her throw them away so she had some power. With every one she threw away I would give her a treat :) That seemed to help. Thanks for asking. Wow. that is a good way to look at it...almost 100 pounds....ha, we've almost lost a whole person

Sherry...I wish I could be helping you this weekend. I am so excited for you to move in! I would LOVE for you to give me updates. It sure helps having so much accountability.

Nicole..you sure aren't kidding. I have been learning later that it is a lot more of a spiritual battle than I ever knew. Good luck. You will do great :)

Scott and Beth said...

That was a good idea...giving her a treat for each paci she threw away! Poor baby...she doesn't understand. Does she have a blanket or anything else that she likes to sleep with?

Monica said...

I have tried to get her attached to a blanket and/or stuffed animals...but there's nothing like her paci. It was so sad because she would look at me so distraught like why are you doing this to me. Much better now though

Anonymous said...

ooooohhh MONICA!!! That is so totally awesome, woman!

And don't be afraid of Thanksgiving or be defeated before it's even here. Anticipate it! You can eat & love each bite like everyone else ~ but you can also not have that awful, oh-please-unbutton-your-jeans feeling b/c you won't eat as MANY as everyone else!! haha :o)

Seriously, so excited for you on this journay, Monica!

Anonymous said...

*journey

The paci sounds sad ~ poor you! I've always been worried about that so none of my three have ever had one. I just didn't want to battle it ever. I have other battles though, righto!

Anonymous said...

I weigh myself on Dec.3rd, that would be 1 month on this journey. Buddy and I know we are losing weight, are clothes aren't as tight. We are eating very healthy, the water part is a little hard when its so cold out. Yes, it has been cold in FL! We are so proud of you for losing so much weight and sticking with it. We will catch up to you!:) Happy Thanksgivng to you both!

nicandsi said...

hey monica well done hun and well done allen you guys are doing really great please please can you update more photos of you and allen, by the way we're all moved in and unpacked and the kids are doing great at their new school love ya speak soon xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Monica! On Nov. 28th my 29th birthday it will have been 5 months that you have been on your weight loss plan. I too would like to see some updated photos of you and Allen! Keep up the great work, your in my prayers everyday!