Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Blame Game

Ok, I have some bad news. I have gained 7 pounds this week. I am not going to take the fall for all that weight. I did eat a lot more this weekend than I should have, but I also forgot my medicine this weekend and got my period. I know that it is nearly impossible for me to gain 7 pounds of anything but water in a week. That is 3500 calories x 7 pounds.....well, you do the math. I know I didn't enjoy that many extra calories :P So, next week it will be interesting the numbers I will post. Please pray it is all water and will come off fast now that I am on my medicine. Gaining at all is disheartening...that much is frightening even if it is water weight!!!

4 comments:

Scott and Beth said...

I say this weigh in doesn't count. Just wait to see how it is next week. Even if you gained a pound or two without the water that still isn't too bad...you did have Thanksgiving. Just wait until next week and then weigh.

Monica said...

Yeah I like that idea :) I don't feel like I have gained weight either other than the normal period feeling...you know what I mean?

Anonymous said...

Oh Monica, I'm sorry I haven't been around -- I need to catch up on your blog. I agree you have a very real pattern of water retention at this time, & I like the idea that this weigh-in not count. Next week's will be way more accurate! Don't even sweat it, babe!

Monica said...

I have missed you Danna! I can't believe you are homeschooling. I don't think I have the intestinal fortitude!!!! How do you fit everything in?