Thursday, November 09, 2006

Kid Update

Happy Birthday my handsome little man (one day early)! He is 6 months old. I can't believe it. He is growing so fast. He is already 20 pounds unofficially. He is now 27.5 inches. He is quickly catching up to his sisters. He sits in a big boy carseat. Rolls all over the floor like a steamroller. He barrel rolls. It is very funny! He has two teeth and is certainly working on more. I can't keep a dry bib on the fella. He attempt to crawl all the time, but he can't quite get that belly off the floor :) He is now eating rice cereal, fruit and starting veggies. I also started giving him some baby puffs. I think Cherrios are on the horizon!



Here are my three beauties. Emily is now 18 months old. She is 26 pounds. She is unofficially 32.5 inches. She climbs easily into Hannah's top bunk. She says Bible, dog, cat, Momma, Daddy, Hannah, brother, truck, I love you, more, please, help, juice, red...and other words I can't think of. Oh yes, she knows obey and parents because that is her verse :)

Hannah is now three. She is 31 pounds and 36.5 inches. She talks in sentences, sleeps on the top bunk, can get herself dressed, has memorized Eph 6:1, John 3:16 and Genesis 1:1. We are now working on phonics. She has learned so much so quickly and actually asks me MMMM...monkey, Mom what letter does monkey start with? She is just too smart! She knows the M, D, H, A quite well.

Today was quite the day. I found Hannah out on the front porch by herself. Emily threw her rice lunch on the floor in anger. The girls got into berries in the backyard and painted their faces with them. Then after returning from a walk to the grocery store I let them ride bikes in the garage as I carried the groceries in. When I went back out, they were nowhere to be found. I nearly had a heart attack. I found them down the block (two houses) pushing their shopping carts. Never a dull moment!

6 comments:

Troy & Sherry said...

hey friend - your kids are adorable and you are making me tired....jeez - i don't know how you keep up with them all :) i love you and miss you. i can't wait to see you!

Monica said...

There are some days when I quie literally can't keep up with them as was the case yesterday :P

We miss you tons. Allen was cracking up reading your blog last night :)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Joseph is so big already. My 14 mo old is still not 20 lbs! And just wait - it will get even more adventurous as they get older! I found one of mine on the roof!

Liesl said...

There is nothing like two siblings close in age. One will think of the evil thing to do and the other with give him/her the guts to do it TOGETHER! Fun and Scary at the same time.

Monica said...

Hey is it Stephanie (Jordan) Taylor??? How many do you have and what ages? Good to hear from you. Yes, he is a huge boy. Hannah my oldest wasn't even 20 pounds at one year :)

FranknSteph said...

Yes! We have 4 kids, the oldest of which turns 9 on Friday! After Jordan, we have Amber 7, Luke 4, and Audrey 14 mos.

It is so great to read about your family and how well you all are doing!