I get a free online devotional everyday emailed to me. If anyone is interested let me know and I will email you the web address. It was such a good reminder of our true position. So many of us are or have recently struggled with discouragement from who we are, to what we do, to how many times we fail. Well, there is hope, there is freedom, there is power!!!
Here is the devotional:
"In him (Christ) we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding" (Ephesians 1:7,8 ).One of the riches in Christ is redemption. Redemption means "to buy back" or "to save from captivity by paying a ransom." One way to buy back a slave was to offer an equivalent or superior slave in exchange. That is the way God chose to buy us back - he offered his Son in exchange for us. Jesus took our place on the Cross and paid for our redemption. Now we are no longer slaves but children of God, co - heirs with Christ.
The facts are: We are free. We have all the rights of children of God. We have an inheritance. But often we still have a slave mentality. It's like God has invited us to take our place at his banquet table; instead we're hoping for crumbs that fall from the table."What are you doing under the table?" I can hear Jesus saying, "I've redeemed you from that position. Come, I've reserved a place for you, right here beside me." To ignore his invitation would be rude, wouldn't it? We'd be doubting his integrity.
Do you need to be set free from a habit? Wrong thought patterns? A harmful relationship? Jesus has already bought your freedom. It's up to you now to accept it and act like it.~Dear Jesus, you have made me free. I want to live free. Help me to truly believe that "God has chosen me... adopted me as his child...and destined me to a life of victory for His glory" ( Ephesians 1:3-14).
Monday, November 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Thank you, Monica! Please send me the link to receive these emails.
http://www.truthmedia.com/scripts/newsletters/
tmdevotionals.com/
Post a Comment