Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Thanksgiving!

"What I am not allowed to have soda?" He thought this was a cool treat when Hannah left her can of soda on his tray.



Here is our update picture. I am down 32 pounds and Allen is down 65 pounds. Keep praying for us. I am seeing more and more that I love food. I am a social eater. To put it in honest spiritual terms I am covetous of food. It was hard this weekend when other people were snacking. I wanted to have it even though I wasn't hungry.



Here we are the day after Thanksgiving at 7am. We went and ventured out in the craziness in search of some good deals with my mom. We really had a nice time...well, maybe it was just my mom and me that did :) Allen was our chauffeur and body guard :)

The girls had let themselves out to play all by themselves on Saturday. Hmmm, what do you think they were up to? How about playing in and EATING dirt?! Nice moustache and goatee.

We took all the kids (Dakota, Allison, Gavin, Hannah and Emily) on a walk to the playground in my parents' neighborhood. They had a super time and it gave them a chance to get some fresh air and exercise. Chris' kids are so helpful and loving with mine. My kids are so lucky. Here is Dakota carrying Emily. They are buddies :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check this out, girlfriend.

http://henkelman.homelinux.net:8084/pics/Monica%20Before%20&%20After.jpg

Before & After -- after only what, five months?

Monica said...

cool! Thanks for doing that for me Danna. It is nice to see progress. I sure would like to see more, but I will just be encouraged that I have not "fallen off the bandwagon"!

I can't tell you how much of an encouragement you have been to me, Danna with all your comments, stories, cheers and prayers!

Scott and Beth said...

Wow! You look Fabulous! For real, girl...that one of you by the van on your way to shopping...your face just looks wonderful! You even look younger to me! I am so proud with you both! Allen, you look great too!

Anonymous said...

Monica and Allen,

I am so proud of you both and your such a inspiration to us, thank you for your hard work and the pounds are flying off. Today Buddy had 3 wisdom teeth out and he is doing fine, lots of sugar- free fat- free ice cream! You both look terrific!

Monica said...

Thank you guys. It really helps that you guys can notice a difference. I have a hard time seeing it in myself.

Eeek, I will be praying for Buddy tonight Christina.

Scott and Beth said...

You see yourself everyday, so I'm sure it is hard for you to see the difference. Believe me...it is there!