Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Oh well

I had hopes of just maintaining my weight over the holidays. I didn't . Oh well. I gained a pound. I know that I did much better than any other Thanksgiving weekend. So I am just going to be encouraged that I have made positive changes in my life that I was able to do even during the holidays. Allen however has had the stomach flu for the last 4 days and has lost lots more. He is down 65 pounds! Amazing. I am trying to not be envious. Yeah, yeah I know that he will lose faster than me...but, but! He is almost catching up to what I weigh. Now that is against the rules!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

ONE POUND??? Girl, that don't matter a bit. That could be ANYthing! You wait till next week. I'm proud of you!

Monica said...

Thank you :) How was your Thanksgiving? Do you guys have family around you?

Anonymous said...

We have Paul's mom & step-Dad an hour away -- not very good relations there, but we spent some time there Thanksgiving day. We had a wonderful four-day weekend though!!

Scott and Beth said...

1 pound? That isn't bad at all! You'll loose it this week.

I think Allen cheated by having the stomach flu over Thanksgiving:) j/k Allen...we're very proud of you!

Keep it up...both of you. Love you guys!

Troy & Sherry said...

monica- you LOOK gorgeous - your face just radiates - i can't wait to come and see you guys - maybe we should just put it on the calendar so we have something to look forward to :) i love you

Monica said...

yeah no kidding Sherry. In fact, Allen and I were talking that we aren't going to be able to afford the CO vacation that we wanted to do for next year, but that we may ask my parents if we can stay at the cabin again. Then we thought that maybe we could head your way and stay in your new church mansion and visit with you guys for the night. I know we never go to see anyone else but my family :( What do you think?

Monica said...

Yeah, Beth...I thought that was a bit of cheating too. I even accused him of being bulimic b/c he ate tons Thursday and Friday :P

Thank you guys soooo much for the kind comments. It means the world to me and it is sometimes those comments that help get me over the incredible urge to eat seseame chicken an egg roll, fried rice and follow that with a blizzard :) Yikes, I am making myself hungry!

Scott and Beth said...

What about coming to see me?

Troy & Sherry said...

monica-
i have dibs on monica :)
i sent you an email but yes yes yes we would love to see you and have you stay with us - one night -you have to stay more than one night :) let us know!

Monica said...

Sherry...it won't be until summer probably though.

Beth...so sorry, yours is a whole lot farther and definitely not on the way to WI. Perhaps we will able to come down to see you some day on the way to see Christina in FL

It is so nice to be wanted :)

Monica said...

While we are by you beth we could stop and see Danna too. Aren't you in Atlanta?

Anonymous said...

Yes!! Come any time! And if we're in Colorado by then, welllll hey hey hey -- sounds like free lodging to me! ;o) (Yes, we're moving there next year, early.)