Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Who is retired???


Let me just say how very grateful I am for wonderful in-laws! I know not a lot of people can say that, I am one of the elite :) Allen worked for four hours trying to fix a clog in our sewer system to no avail. He needed a longer snake....tee hee...no jokes allowed :) As you probably all read, Clarence is now retired, so we put him back to work!!! He and Jane came over and worked all day long. He fixed our sewer, worked on Allen's toilet, mowed the grass, fixed the front door, Jane did laundry, emptied the dishwasher, cleaned the kitchen and watched the kids....makes you wonder what I did all day doesn't it??? Thank you guys sooo much! We are so grateful for your help.



Hannah and Emily loved helping Papa with the sewer stuff. They thought it was cool to see the water running by once he unclogged it :) I am so glad he is so patient with them to show them stuff like that. I also was testing out my new cool camera. This is a flower from my front yard.

11 comments:

Liesl said...

gorgeous flower, monica! how great to have family nearby to help every now and again!

Monica said...

Yes, I am very lucky :) I am quite impressed with myself and my camera too :P How are things going on your homefront?

Sam said...

You do have wonderful in-laws. They are a great help to have around. :) I love the flower picture. YOu are a marvolous photographer. That picture and the Arch picture you took are both outstanding. You take great picts of the kids too.

Troy & Sherry said...

monica-
how cool is that! I also have amazing in-laws right here - it makes me thankful for when we have kids that they will have a grandma and grandpa right here. Gorgeous flower! I love you and miss you!

Jen said...

Beautiful flower pic! What a blessing for your in-laws help!

nicandsi said...

well i love your pink flower but i also see 2 other beautiful little flowers, i have also updated our blog put a rather scary photo of me and simon haha!! well love ya take care speak to you soon xxxx

Monica said...

Thank you for the compliments Sandy. I LOVE taking pictures but I have never taken an photography courses or anything. I just know what I like when I see it :)

So, Sher....when are we getting an annoucement in that department?????

Nick, I am going to look for the picture now :)

Thanks Jen!

Scott and Beth said...

The flower picture is great! I love the picture of Emily too...it is a really cute one of her!

Sam said...

You are a natural at taking pictures you dont' need a course. I have never passed a photography course. I dropped out of the only one I took. It was at 7 in the mornign then I had to go to "Real college" then go to work and then get off after 2 am. it didn't work well with my lazy self. :)

Monica said...

Hey Dana! I am so proud of you for getting on here :) Did you end your job yet? How is Chris' coming?

Monica said...

ha...it wouldn't have worked well for me either :) So not a morning person!

Thanks Beth. I wish we lived closer so you could take my Christmas pictures. After taking your huge family's mine would almost look easy :)