Saturday we went to Forest Park to see some of the PBS characters for a special Arthur in the Park. Ugh, it was so ridiculously crowded. There was a sever lacking in the organization not to mention rude, clueless volunteers. As you can tell, I will be petitioning to never see Arthur in the park again!!!! :) We did have a very nice time with our company however. We went with Gamma Vella, Sandy, Sami, DeAnn, Kayleigh, and Timmy. Then we got to meet Michael, Tammy, Caleb and Audrey there. I think the highlight for all of us was the Metro ride. We rode from Swanea all the way to the Shrewsbury station. Allen wanted to see the section that he actually helped design. It was very nice, though crowded. We had to stand at the very front for most of the ride. This came in handy when we finally got to the Shrewsbury station. This station doesn't have anything nearby. That is when Hannah proclaims to the whole train car, "Momma, I need to go potty....pee and pooh!" The whole car cracked up. I didn't think it was so funny at first because I didn't know where this would have to take place. See the Lord had a plan. We had to stand right by the driver. She heard Hannah and volunteered to take us to the special driver bathroom. What a blessing! God is good. Needless to say, once again I was reminded that I have the most wonderful family. The kids were so good, and Allen truly must be the best husband around!
Not so sure about Cookie Monster. I wasn't either after we waiting for well over an hour to see Elmo only to have him switched out with Cookie Monster to give the person their 15 minute smoke break!
Sandy, you are just a delight!
Here are all the kiddos before the ride. From left to right it is Joseph, Hannah, and Emily, Kayleigh and Timmy Fross, and Sami. I think they had a super time!


3 comments:
I had such a good time yesterday. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did.
I love how Emily is just staring are Cookie Monster in that picture!
ha ha ha I think she was really debating on if she liked him or not....too funny!
Post a Comment