Hallelujah it is Friday. I absolutely love the weekend. It is so nice having Allen home and getting so much family time (not to mention the extra hands :P). It has been a trying week, but we have grown victorious. Hannah has not peed the bed this whole week and I have done my devotions every day :) Horray for us!!!! Those are big praises in our household:P
I am enjoying having some more directions for my Bible reading. I am doing a bible study on joy in knowing Christ. Today the thought that really struck me was this..""He [Paul] isn't trying to find present good for himself in his tough times. Instead, he sees the present benefit for God's kingdom." I have so often thought that God will bring good out of every situation to mean that it will be for my good. Nope not necessarily, it is the good of His will, His kingdom and His glory. Hmm....go figure it doesn't all revolve around me. Sadly, this is eye opening to me! The verse that meant the most to me is Phil1:27 "Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel." You mean to tell me I am supposed to be godly even when Hannah wets the bed during naptime (which she hasn't done for months) and Emily gets in the shower with her clothes on that I just put on or Joseph is throwing a fit and knocks the cereal bowl out of my hand and all over the floor, or Allen is going to be late for the 20th time this month?????? Tough stuff! Thankfully sanctification is growing godliness, because I am certainly not there.
Friday, October 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I love fridays! So nice to be at home with my lover boy. Not a whole lot of relaxing going on right now with the renovation but it is nice to see a light at the end of the tunnel. :) Have a wonderful weekend my dear friend!
I can't believe how fast you guys are getting this stuff done. People down the block have been renovating for two years!!! You guys are awesome.
Ahhh...time with my love! It is bringing a smile to my face just thinking about it. It is as if my whole being sighs with relief when he walks in. We are so very lucky!!!
Awesome to hear that GOd is moving. I have been praying for you. Love to hear these praise stories....More to come!
Yes, I too live for the weekends. Just to be able to take a moment and breathe. LOVE IT!
Hey Monica!
You are beautiful and so are your little ones. they look like tons of fun!!!
You gonna come up to Laf again? Missed hanging out with you when you were here for Sherry's wedding. on your birthday and everything, you thought you'd rather be sick than hang out with all of us??? :)
Love you
Sarah
Ha...yeah seeing you guys just made me sick :P
We want to come up some time....perhaps when Sherry and Troy get their church mansion remodeled!
How are you guys doing? Speaking of kids....here is the usual...when are you guys having kids????
Post a Comment