Monday, January 08, 2007

A Day in the Life

Today we didn't do much except some laundry (yeah, hard to believe....still more laundry. It adds up quickly when Miss Emily poohs in her panties twice in a morning!). Hannah rode her bike, Emily pushed her new shopping cart with her baby in it and I pushed Joseph to the postoffice to get some fresh air and to mail my mom's new puppy a package.



Do you ever feel thankful for one of those "normal" days of being a mom. I am today. I remember when I was single watching moms walk down the street with their kids and really desiring that life. Praise God I get to be a stay-at-home mom! I really do love it.

9 comments:

Cari Mohler said...

Those girls!? WoW! They are looking good! I love those jackets! Cute!!! Emma loves stuff like that too!!! and so do I! Your little guy is such a dumpling too...I miss that age so much!

Gerdts did move the very end of July to Faith in Longmont...crazy isn't it? They love it! and we get to go out there in June! Cannot wait for a bit of a vacation! We are even going to go up into the mountains...I have never been! Cannot wait! and the kids can't wait to go on the airplane...Calvin is the only one of them that has been on one and that was when he went to see his father and the rest of his family in Ga. Emma really is excited!

I have to run for now...Emma has been throwing up all day! I hope she can get some sleep! I have her all layed out in the living room on towels...she will doze off then wake up throwing up! Jason is on Emma watch right now...I just needed a bit of a breather! Thanks for stopping in to my blog and leaving a comment! I love keeping in touch with you!

Love,
Carilync

Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

Thanks for the chuckle! Your girls are so chic. Let me also say AMEN to you comment about being happy about being a stay at home mom. I've been having similar thoughts lately.

Troy & Sherry said...

too cute - love the pictures :) can't wait to play with them - we are excited! we are enjoying the week and trying to get caught up as well with cleaning/laundry and just us time....being with family for nearly a week limits that :)i was telling troy old monica and sherry stories the other day - monistat 7 and thanksgiving day shopping....he couldn't stop laughing.....i love you friend and i am so thankful for all of our memories over the years..

Scott and Beth said...

Love Joseph's hat! He is such a cutie!

Monica said...

OOOH Cari! I am so sorry. That is the HARDEST time for me to enjoy being a mom. I am afraid that my compassion doesn't last long and my "I'm so tired...and tired of this" attitude kicks in fast :( Definitely something I need to work on. I am so glad they are enjoying Longmont. It is so pretty there. That is awesome that you guys have such a super placet to visit. Is Jason in charge of choirs now??? What do you guys all do at NBBC?

Monica said...

Leah...it is such a privilege and responsibility! To all you moms who still work outside the home, I don't know how you do it! God's grace no doubt with a hint of Super Woman :)

Ha ha ha! The Monistat story is one of my favorites. I was just thinking of the can of Chunky soup in the shower. Now did Liesl throw that on you or did you throw that on Liesl. Ah yes! Good times :)

Beth...I KNOW!!!! I was so excited to find that hat. I guard it with my life. I have not found any others even close to that cute. He even likes wearing it...which is totally amazing!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh yes, thanking the Lord for those days where I don't have a giant cloud in my head that is filled with words like "failure" "ruining their lives" "lose your temper again" or "guilt." Sometimes they are so few & far between! And sometimes it's not a whole day, just a moment. But I'm thankful for any of it.

Karen said...

Cuties!!!! I your kids are so adorable! I bet they had such a great time walking!
How is the new puppy and your mom doing??

Monica said...

Danna....so appreciate your transparency. You actually encourage me when you tell me of our hard times. Ironic isn't it? I too have so many negative thoughts and feelings. Praise God for the victorious times :)

Karen...yes, they thought it was pretty cool. It was the first time Emily ever got to walk somewhere.
It took us like a half hour to go three blocks because she kept running her grocery cart off the sidewalk and getting stuck. Too funny!