
I have to brag on my Miss Emily for just a moment. On Dec 23rd she decided that she no longer wanted to pee in her diaper. She wanted to go on the potty. We had never really pushed the issue as she is only 19 months old. Well, she is pretty much potty trained all by herself. She has a couple of accidents here and there, but she is amazing. I am so proud of her. She even is doing well at night! We are looking forward to only having one in diapers again :)
4 comments:
Oh she is SO lovely, Monica!!
It'll be a long time before our second girl is potty trained. She has sensory integrative disorder (a lot like autism), & she really has no clue about it yet.
I'm happy for you ~ she seems like such a sweetheart!!
Oh Danna! That must be challenging. I bet you have done tons of research on that. I have never heard of it before. How did you find that out?
Emily is such a dear. Although as of late, she has been putting her foot down....or rather her hand...getting very slap happy. Though I don't want to encourage that, Hannah has had this coming for a year :)
She was being assessed for autism ~ she had so many red flags in each category, but she missed some pretty big ones too, so they knew she wasn't autistic. But she pretty much fits the bill of the sensory integrative disorder. Our doctor is amazingly progressive & has us partnered with a naturopath & neurotransmitter lab (in WI, no less, pretty neat, eh?). We do a lot of mailing of urine & saliva & results & medicines back & forth, but it's SO worth it. Karis has begun speaking words (like 25 words now), & she has great eye contact & interacts. It's like a whole new kid but with her deep sweetness still attached. God's taken such good care of us through this ~ showing us where to go.
ABout Hannah & Emily -- I keep telling Karis that Ry is going to get big enough to get her back too. Karis does NOT like Ryan at all. She adores Kelli, but she pushed Ry around every chance she gets!
Wow! That is so wonderful that you have a good doctor. Cool in WI. That is so fantastic that she has made so much progress! Praise God for her sweet little perfect self :) She is so cute! Do you guys go back often? It would be fun to coordinate a get together one day with you, Kel, Jen, and Liesl
Post a Comment