Here I am the end of May 2006
Then here I am last night. It isn't the most complimentary picture either. Oh well. Hopefully you can see a difference. I can't see much in these pictures. I am down 35 pounds. A glimpse into our insane yet fulfilling life!
15 comments:
Now that I put these on here...I think the top picture is not fair. That is two weeks after I had Joseph, so I hadn't lost my water weight by then. So, the second picture is a litle more accurate :)
I want to be the first to congratulate you on your success! Wow, Monica, I cannot believe that you can't see the difference between you 7 months ago and today! There is a huge difference! In you face you have lost a lot of weight and you look years younger! You lost a lot in your arms, legs, and stomach! You look incredible and I am so proud of you and definetly inspired!!!!!!
Allen, Wow! If I didn't know that was him in that before picture I would not have recognized him! He looks completely different! Way to go! I can't wait for Buddy to see this, it will definetly inspire him more, 70 pounds, incredible! You both are winners in my book, but see you always were you just had to believe that you could be better, take this success in every area of your lives!
Thank you so much Christina! I can't tell you how uplifting you have been to me. Yes, I think I have noticed it the most in my cheeks, arms and stomach. I am THRILLED that you were able to tell. That really helps the old morale. I was just telling Allen last night (while my stomach was growling in bed) that if I didn't get good results at the next weigh-in that I was quitting. So, thanks for the push to go on :)
Quitting is not a option this far in the game because you have great success and Allen needs you to be strong for him! You children need you, you are their cook and nutrionist! You have inspired me and many other people in your weight loss journey and I need you to be strong for me! You have goals and dreams of one more child, do it for that child. I am sure that you have other God given dreams that packing back on those pounds will hurt your health and progress towards getting those dreams, only you can live those dreams that God has given you and that God wants you to fullfill to His purpose of winning others to Him. Buddy told me the day that you and I talked that life is a journey and not a destination. You must enjoy the journey and know that it does take time. When you got pregnant with your beautiful children that was part of the journey and not the end. Buddy says to remember that weight loss and any success is played in the mind. Remember back to how you felt the day you started, less energy, heavier etc... And now you perhaps think you feel the same but are now eating like a rabbit, but that is not the truth. The truth is that you have more confidence in yourself and you do feel better. So qutting is not a option anymore, there is no back door, you must continue for you and for your family, they need you to be your very best!!! I believe in you!
Wow Monica, you look great! Just from Christmas time you look so much skinnier. Maybe the exercise is starting to pay off. Christina is right, it is a journey and not a destination. I needed reminded of that myself.
Thanks Michelle! That is the best compliment you have ever given me. Ha, sure beats the one at Christmas :) Ha ha! You and your brother give the same kind of compliments. Allen told me around August, "Hey your butt isn't as lumpy as it was." Too funny. He meant it as a huge compliment!
It does take reminding. I am so impatient and the process is not nearly as enjoyable as gaining the weight :)
Lumpy butt!! "Scrooged" comes to mind -- didn't she call him "Lumpy"?
Anyway, can't tell a difference? Are you insane? You look absolutely different -- you actually, to be honest, look like you've lost much more than 35 pounds. I love that striped shirt ~ great outfit in that pic!
monica-
we are so proud of you and you both look amazing - we can't wait to see the real life person soon. Keep up the great work my friend!
love you-
You are crazy! You look amazing! I can so see a difference! A huge difference in your face! Wow...I can't believe you don't see it! Don't give up! You are doing AWESOME!
Allen, you look so great too! I am so impressed with how much you've lost!
Are you guys just saying all this? I know that you are my friends and are supposed to say things like that.
I really, truly and honestly don't see that big of a change in me...Allen YES! But not me. So I can't tell you how much your encouragement means to me.
I think it is much harder to see it on yourself. I see it for sure! I think you look amazing! You're one sexy woman!
Monica,
You look wonderful. I can see a big difference. I could tell how much weight you had lost last week when I saw you even with your winter coat on. That is the truth. What compliment did Chelle pay you btw?
Beth...yes, it is really much harder to see on myself. That is why it was so encouraging to hear all your comments. Although....I wouldn't go so far as the sexy comment :)
Sandy. Thank you so much. Wow, now that would be something if you could tell even with my giant chinchilla (as my Dad calls it) coat on!
Michelle was trying to pay me a compliment at Christmas. She said, "Wow, that shirt makes it look like you actually have a waist!" Ha! Even her Alan asked her what kind of backward compliment that was. I knew what you meant though, Michelle. You have an excuse. You are related to my dear, but compliment issued husband :)
Remember Michelle is left handed too. That is what we always blame her strange way of wording things on. :)
Post a Comment