
Well, we got hit!!!! By the first winter storm of the season that is. All day yesterday it was raining then the temperature dropped, so that meant freezing rain. It looked really pretty but our poor trees around here didn't do so well. We then lost power for the night. Allen and I sat on the front porch for a while after the kids were in bed and listen to all the trees falling around the neighborhood. Then we were woke up around 1 am with Emily yelling. They had gotten awakened because a cop car with his lights on was parked right outside their window. A big evergreen tree across the street and one house down fell into the road blocking it. So we had company in bed :) I didn't mind because I worried how warm they would be. They did a super job and immediately snuggled in and fell asleep. Joseph we bundled in a sleeping sack and several blankets. Then the lights came on around 5 am, and Allen left for work. He got called a couple of minutes later to tell him the office was closed due to no power. Praise God another day with Allen home. Pray for our roof though. It was leaking into our livingroom :(


This is a picture of across the street. It is pretty but you can see the trees that are down right in front. It looks like a Winter Wonderland :)
12 comments:
That IS pretty!! I love snuggle family bed time, too, & I'm glad the kids did well with it along with you guys. I hope your roof can get fixed easily enough, Monica.
awesome pictures monica. we got a big snow too the past couple days and it is supposed to snow again tomorrow! i will pray that your roof can be fixed quickly. by the way, your kids are soo cute! Hope you are doing well!!
be careful! and i think allen should stay home from work all next week as well :)
we love you guys!
Ha...as I was reading this, Scott was wachting the news and said "Whoa...look at St. Louis! They had a terrible ice storm"...too fuuny! I hope you're able to get your roof fixed and that it won't cause any damage to your house.
Well your wonderful storm is upon us as I write. It is dumping 10 inches in Milwaukee! All the schools are closed and even Steve's work closed - woohoo! So we are all inside starting to decorate for Christmas.
Not a big storm here today only about half an inch - beautiful pics Monica!
Let me know how you are doing and I have some questions for you....
shellihawkins@gmail.com
Yeah, I love this weather especially now that everyone is safe and our roof has stopped leaking :) I will say however that I might be part grizzly because all I feel like doing is snuggling and eating!
Karmen, I saw your snow on the news. I really miss those powdery snows with the mountains in the background! Thank you so much for the prayers.
Sherry...I wish you were Allen's boss. I will take him home all the time :) I hate when he has to go to work, although I would also hate being beyond dirt poor!
Beth...cool we made your news. I guess 400,000 people are still out of power around here. We are so blessed to have ours back on.
Jen...I am SO jealous! We didn't even get enough snow to play in. We can't wait to see you :0)
Hey Shelli I will email you
http://www.mercola.com/2006/dec/2/prevent-overeating-and-binging-this-holiday-season-using-this-simple-technique.htm
in my email today -- don't know if this will help or not
oh my WORD. I am doubled over laughing here -- do NOT watch that thing in any level of seriousness. I thought the title was promising . .. but oh my goodness. That woman is PSYCHOTIC!
*tapping forehead furiously* ROFLOL!!!
OH DANNA! I laughed so hard. What a lunatic. Hey, but if thumping my forehead will make me think of how stupid I look instead of how much I want to eat a sugar cookies...hey there you go!
Even THOUGH I eat the sugar cookie (rub chest in circles), I DEEPLY love & accept myself.
*pound forehead, poke throat, smash head with hand*
Beautiful! I agree that those days do call for a lot of snuggling and eating :)
Post a Comment