Today was busy, but we really had a nice day. My kids and I finally delivered the Christmas bags and cards we had made up for our neighbors. It was fun seeing their faces. Though we have lived here for 2.5 years, we don't know our neighbors well. I think this will be a good ice breaker. It was so sweet. The neighbor we know the best actually had gifts for all of us. She gave the kids a little stuffed animal and pop up books. It is nice because the books were all Christian....Daniel, Noah and things. Then she gave Allen and me a devotional book. What a blessing!
Then we went to the post office to mail last minute things, stopped at the Christian bookstore in tiny downtown, almost got run over when Hannah fell off her bike in the middle of Main Street. Then we got in the car and went to the library. Allen and I like to listen to books on tape while we drive to WI. It really helps pass the time. Then of course we stopped to pick up lunch at McDonalds. No day trip of any sort is complete without this ritual :)
Allen actually came home on time tonight....well, that is because he got to work at 5:30 am. Poor guy. It was so super to have more time with him. Then I got Chinese for dinner (yeah yeah eating out a lot being so busy :P). Then we got to watch Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer on tv while snuggling and eating popcorn. It was so awesome to get to experience this with my girls for their very first time. It was a special time! Then they went straight to bed with no complaining. I am so blessed!
Thursday, December 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
isn't it great to make such wonderful memories i love spending family time together and i feel so blessed to have married simon and to have had 2 wonderful kids love ya take care xxxx
monica-
how wonderful of a time - with your cute kiddos - we love you and miss you and pray you have a WONDERFUL chrismtas....we can't wait to see you in the new year..
love you-
sherry
Nicki....did you get my card? I am not sure how long it take to get over there. You did get my Christmas card, right? I am so happy you love your family as much as I do mine. It is such a rich blessing that so many people never experience.
Sherry...it was SO wonderful. I had the warm fuzzy feeling and couldn't keep from smiling watching them watch the movie. Too cute! We hope you have a super Christmas too. Did you guys get your package? Just something small, but I think I mailed it to your old house :( We are really looking forward to seeing you guys too!
Post a Comment