Today while the two little ones were sleeping I started a video for Hannah so that I could take a shower. I kept the door open to hear any strange happenings. As soon as I stepped out of the shower I heard it.....you know IT....something wasn't right though the sound wasn't at all extraordinary...that is until I put it all together.I heard slam....then beep, beep, beep! That's when I realized that was the microwave!!!! I ran in the kitchen to find what you see in the picture. Hannah immediately held up her hand (like nothing to worry about, I have it all under control) and said, "Mom, I'm just making some rice!" She had gone in the fridge, taken out the rice, put it in the microwave and set the time for 5:08...thankfully she couldn't figure out the start button in time :) Yikes! She is so very smart.Then this afternoon after we returned from errands I told the girls they could ride their bikes in the garage as I carried in the bags. I came out of the house to hear Hannah scream. I ran into the garage only to see her finger caught in the sliding van door! AAARRRGGHHH. Thankfully I don't think it is broken or even bruised much ....so far at least. She said she didn't like the door open, so she had to close it. Ahhh, what a mini me :) Like I always say....never a dull moment here!

9 comments:
Oh, Monica! What a day!!! The excitement of motherhood!!! WoW! Hope the fingers are ok!! Ouch!
Merry Christmas! :)
Love,
Carilyn Gerdt
I couln't help but laugh hearing about the rice! I can just hear her saying that! Too funny!!!! Can you imagine, I wonder if the smell of burnt rice is as bad as burnt popcorn! LOL
Poor thing though with the finger! I hope she is alright, tell her I am blowing kisses! Hope it feels better soon!
How's Emily's gums and teeth?
I hope and pray you are all feeling better soon!
how cute is that! glad you are seem to be handling it well - i can't imagine keeping up with three kids - love you friend!
Awesome...Hannah is too funny! That is so something I would have done when I was her age.
Poor little thing...a smashed finger isn't fun at all! I hope it is okay!
Yeah, Hannah never really surprises me anymore. She more amazes me and makes me laugh :) I am very glad that God has given me a sense of humor b/c it is either really funny or really frustrating!
Her finger are doing super. She told me when she woke up for her nap that they are all better. Thankfully! They sure didn't look good when I first pryed them out. Yuck, that is the thing I HATE most about motherhood....the injuries. It just makes my heart sick!
Cari: I hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas too. Are you staying up at Northland or traveling? You never told me what you guys do up there.
Karen: Hannah blows you kisses back :) Too cute. Emily's teeth and gums are healing amazingly well. You can barely tell something has happened. Her teeth will be a little wider spread than before and her gums are a little higher...but they are lower than they were a week ago...so I have hope :) We will be at home ideally every night this week. I got a bunch of running done yesterday. Let me know when you want to come by.
Sherry: All shucks. You will keep up with all 9 you guys will have just fine :) No really, it is just about practice, organization, and sense of humor...no real skill :P
Beth: You know that is funny that you mention that's what you would do....I picture her like you. Sweet, yet a real go-getter!
I was crazy...before I could walk, I could climb up the side of the washing machine. I think I'm in for a real treat when I have kids!
ha ha ha....yeah. I am told you will reap what you have sown as a kid :)
Dang it!
I will give her your best. Now Dana don't wish those things on me!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think my heart could take any of it
Post a Comment