Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Happy St. Nick!





I will have to post pictures later. Blogger is not working to upload my pictures :( Annoying!

We were at Allen's work Christmas party Sunday afternoon/evening. It was going rather long and the kids were getting restless. So, we were in a back corner so we let them get down and run around. Well, as I turned I say Emily in slow motion trying to climb up the back of the restaurant wooden highchair. It came crashing down on her face. There was lots of blood. I rushed her into the bathroom to wash out her mouth. Yikes, that is when I looked at it. Her teeth were in tact (at least for now), but the little v of gums in between her front teeth was pushed all the way in back of them. The gums above that are just mangled. It is so swollen and purply that I can't even tell how bad it is. Her top lip was so swollen she looked like Cindy Lo Hoo from the Grinch. Now her whole mouth below her nose is turning blue! The Urgent Care dr thinks it will heal just fine. I called our dentist and she said that if anything is wrong with the teeth they woudn't do anything because of them being baby teeth. I need to watch for discoloring indicating root damage and absese. She is eating fine and things, so I think we are healing fine. Man, that scared me. Not to mention I had fears that she would never look the same. The dentist even believes her gums will grow back down (they got pushed up really high revealing more of the teeth than before). Never a dull moment! Keep praying for quick healing.

5 comments:

Scott and Beth said...

Emily is the third kid that I know that has had that same type of injury this year. My cousin's little girl and Hannah both had the same type of thing happen! Their doctors and dentists said the same as yours...maybe that is common. Poor little thing! I hope it heals quickly!

Monica said...

Me too. I had visions of her never having front teeth because her gums are so damaged! That is encouraging that other drs have said the same thing!

Anonymous said...

I will definitely be praying for Emily. There really is never a dull moment with kids. I have to keep reminding myself to let my boys be boys. If I had it my way, they wouldn't do anything that MIGHT hurt them. Well, I hope and pray everything heals wonderfully! Hope you guys are doing great!!!

Scott and Beth said...

The girls look so cute! I love the whole St. Nick thing. I think that is neat! I still haven't bought stockings for us...I can't seem to find any that I like.

Troy & Sherry said...

awe! i sure hope she gets better soon! i am sure she will be fine and won't have buck teeth :)love you friend - and you are a bit psycho about the whole snow and feet thing!