Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Battling the Bulge Part 12,558

It just seems like I have been doing this forever! I am a bit discouraged....not really in my results as I know I have not been doing my best...but that I am no longer inspired to do my best. Pray for me. This is a tough time of year for me as I am definitely a see-it, need-it eater.

I do have good news though. I am down that 1 pound I gained last week. I am grateful as I have eaten way too many chocolate covered pretzels that I have been making. Allen is down two more pounds too. So, that puts me at a total of 35 pounds lost and 65 pounds lost for Allen.

Roxane, Karen and Michelle...feel free to post your weigh in results :)

Thank you to all of you who have traveled this annoying road with me. I am so still learning and growing and hopefully will be shrinking. My goal for the rest of 2006 is to maintain my weight loss. Then at the start of the New Year I will start up again.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great...you've been eating extra junk and you still lost a pound! I am very excited for you! I look forward to your results each Tuesday.

Monica said...

I am glad I keep myself accountable that way. It really has saved some binging because I don't want to tell all of my friends how miserably I failed :)

Anonymous said...

I think you've done great! Weight is not something that I really struggle with, but I know I over eat...I just don't have to worry so much about the results. I've really been trying to not over eat...it isn't easy! If I really like something I'll eat it until I'm sick...I know that isn't good! I'm really proud of you!

Troy & Sherry said...

monica-
hang in there - we are so proud of you both and can't wait to see you!
love ya bunches

Anonymous said...

THAT is a good goal!!

Monica said...

Hey you are able to post again :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I went to blogger's home page, & on their "Known Troubles" link, they listed that they were making some changes & a lot of people would be affected via commenting. At least it's done now!

Anonymous said...

Monica,

I hope that I have not caused you to get discourage with all the health information that I found that I sent to you.
You lost 36 pounds and your more than half way to your goal of 60 pounds so your doctor is happy and you an Allen can have your last baby!
I think you have done absolutely wonderful and I hope that you feel the same. Everyone is different and loses weight at different speeds. The main question to ask your self is How do I feel? I am sure you feel so much better than you did 36 pounds ago.
One thing that I know is true for me, the more days I stay away from refined salts, sugars, and flour coming from processed foods and packaged foods the less cravings I have for them and I no longer want them especially when you know of all the health problems that comes from eating them. The foods that God made I enjoy so much more and I don't crave them. Again thanks for paving the way for me from your success in losing weight because it was YOU who inspired me and Buddy to get healthier! So please keep going and know that I am so proud of you and that you are a WINNER! I love you so much!

Monica said...

Thank you so mch Christina. I needed the encouragement. No, you have not discouraged me at all. You are stretching me however :)