Sunday, August 13, 2006

Sunday

Here is our family picture that was taken for our church directory. Allen said this is our "before" picture :)
Gampa Bob and Emily taking a break from bike riding.



What a handsome little passenger!!!!!

Hannah and Sami sharing the trailer. What cutie pies!!!


Today we went to Sunday School and then church. Afterwards, we picked up Karen and met Allen's parents at the Chinese buffet. Wow! Now that was hard to stay in control. It was so amazingly good. I could have eaten 5 plates....well, maybe not, but I wanted to. I only let myself have one helping. Now that is a huge accomplishment. I will have to say that I am terribly proud of myself. Then we went on a 9 mile bike ride with Karen, Sandy, Sami, Bob, and Vella. It was fun but a little on the warm side. Plus it worked out that we were going uphill the whole way back.

8 comments:

Troy & Sherry said...

so proud of you monica - keep it up :)can't wait to see you - you need to come visit us when our house is livable :)

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful family pic ~ you guys have very sweet babies, & they have great bright-eyed smiles!!

Very proud of you on the Chinese food -- what's even harder is that you always feel hungry right after you eat there too. So you probably were frustrated with that, I imagine. About seven years ago, while in the Air Force, I had to lose forty pounds & overcome an eating disorder. It can definitely take over your life & seem to be impossible, so I just wanted you to know that I've been there & I'm praying for you.

Jen said...

You're doing great! It is so hard to keep up with the eating and exercise at the same time and you keep doing it - fabulous!

Sam said...

You look better too. trust me. and did you noctice that when you got Joeseph behind you on the cart you just took off. You did great.

cgerdt said...

Hey, I am not sure if you remember me but it's Cari (Mohler) Gerdt. I just came across your blog and thought that I would say Hello!!! It was fun seeing pictures of your little sweeties!!! :)

I do have a blog on xanga.com mom3kids3cats

Monica said...

Yeah by the end of the journey my thighs felt like jelly (and I am sure they resembled it too :P)

Hey Cari!!!!! So good to hear from you.

Scott and Beth said...

Joseph looks so cute sitting in the bike trailer!

Scott and Beth said...

I LOVE the family picture!