I have been hungry all week! I have been trying my hardest not to binge and fall off the wagon. Though I haven't been bad I was up 3 pounds today :*( But...guess what time of the month is coming up.
Please pray for me that I won't give up at this tougher, discouraging time.
Friday, August 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Awww Monica, wish I could hug you & help out with food prep so it's not such a distraction/temptation.
Do you like honey? Eating a spoonful helps curb the sweets desire, & it is like a snack.
How about cutting up an apple & dipping it in crunchy peanut butter?
Quaker Toasted Oatmeal Squares (cereal) is nice & crunchy to eat by the handful. Don't know how that measures up with WW.
Broccoli & mini-carrots . . .
Donut peaches (in season right now) are SO good & a nice snack.
(Don't you wish that said peach donuts? haha)
Anyway, BE ENCOURAGED!! You weigh less now than you did when you started. That's what matters. Every day is a new day. And . . . just think, if this is PMS water retention, then just imagine the numbers in two weeks!!!!!! It's almost cheating, haha.
Thank you, thank you thank you!!! I appreciate your encouragement and humor...I haven't seen the lighter side of this (no pun intended!)
I am trying to find high fiber, low calorie and fat items. I need a low number for the WW points but most of those are leaving me wanting :(
I sure appreciate the tips. So, how did you lose your 40 pounds? I didn't know you had an eating disorder. I would be so interested in hearing about it if you are willing to share. If you don't want to do it on the blog, you can email me too. MandA92201@yahoo.com
Yeah, I was bulimic for 3 1/2 years. Was put through a couple programs, Overeaters Anon was one (ugh!), & Laura VandenHeuvel actually called my mom & told her to tell me to look for the Weigh Down Workshop at a church in my area (Texas at the time). I found one, & it took two sessions, but it changed my life. God changed my life, rather. It took a year-ish, but I lost the 40 lbs, & aside from pregnancy, I have never seen it again, praise the Lord!
Gwen Shamblin has gotten a little loopy (or so I've heard, this is not my own opinion), but her principles of weight loss are priceless. You have to join a group (I found mine at a community church) & see the videos each week. It's the videos that God used in my life. I never used the journal . . .
But, weight watchers is a good program too . . . weight loss just takes time, Monica, & it's a loonnng time when you're in it. But when you start to have noticeable changes, like your pants slide around at the waist or you feel younger or someone says "WOW! You look SO GOOD!" then things start to get easier. This is the hard part right now.
If I babbled too much & didn't answer the question quite right, just tell me. ANd keep posting here so we can all encourage you!!
You are so brave! When did all that happen? I didn't even know about that. Laura VandenHeuvel...I haven't thought of her for years :)I have read the Weigh Down book actually! I am thinking I am going to have to take the best parts of both Weigh Down and WW in order to survive ;)
Ugh, I think that is a big part of my problem....I don't want to wait two years for my results!!!!
Thank you SO much for sharing. It has been such a big blessing.
It began at Bob Jones for me, & it ended in 1998.
The biggest keys for me with WDW were to learn my body (the hunger & satisfied feelings), ENJOY the best parts of food & throw the rest away (the mindset of paying twice for your food instead of once was very freeing for me), & to eat freely of whatever I wanted as long as I was truly hungry & stopping at satisfied (not full).
It was like permission to own my food! With pancakes, I eat the center where the butter & syrup pool, & I chuck the outsides (unless I'm not satisfied, then I eat some/all of it). I never save the best for last. I drink a lot of water, eat a lot of fruits & veggies, & I also eat pretty much whenever I want. I just have to wait till I feel my hunger signal (for me, it's a gnawing sensation of slight nausea) & then I'm free to eat.
Truly, the videos of Weigh Down opened my eyes to what was happening in my heart/head, so if you can, find a church that's starting a session!!
I don't mind talking about this at all b/c I believe we go through these things so we can help each other. And so we are wiser, too.
The self-asserted All-Wise shall now bow-eth out. hahaa
Whoops, serious error there -- I don't eat whenever I want, I eat WHATever i want if I'm hungry -- I need to be sleeping!
Thank you guys for sharing - I agree Danna we need to be there for each other to help one another. Thank you for your transparency both of you - wow I am so thankful for real friends!
Post a Comment