Thursday, August 24, 2006

Getting Outta Dodge

Just an FYI. We are leaving on Friday for our first vacation as a family unit. We are going up to my parents' cabin in Waupaca, WI. I am so excited. Allen is going to be taking a bus back down here on Labor Day because the kids and I are going to stay at my parents' house in Waukesha, WI for another week. Then on Friday he will ride the bus back up to Milwaukee. Saturday the 9th is my grandma's surprise 80th birthday party. So it really works out well for me to be able to have a family vacation, spend time with my family, and then make it to my grandma's party. Isn't my husband absolutely amazing to be willing to do stuff like that with and for me? I seriously don't know how I lucked out getting such a jewel! I am so amazed at God's gift to me in him. Allen, I love you more and more each day! You are best friend, my counselor, my lover, and the dearest person in my life.

I am going to try and post pictures and things during our trip, but that will depend on our internet connections. Case in point about my Allen....he even looked up where there are wireless internet connections in Waupaca for me because my parents don't have a phone at the cabin. Isn't he terrific? :)

Pray for our safety and sanity. The trip up there takes us an average of 10 hours :( That gets a little long for the little ones.

11 comments:

Jen said...

Have a great time at the cabin! We're looking forward to seeing you! Sierra brings you up all the time - are we going to see Monica? She remembers me telling her about Emily (kidney problems) and she asks about her and if she's ok. She likes to look at the pictures while I look and read the blog :)

Scott and Beth said...

Yay...what a nice Allen! I hope you all have a great trip! We are leaving a week from tomorrow for Colorado. We're really excited!

Scott and Beth said...

I don't know you, Jen...but that is so sweet that Sierra asks about Emily! I just had to comment!

Troy & Sherry said...

have fun and tell your parents i said hello - my parents and holly are coming next monday through friday and then we are going to TN for the long weekend! Yahoo we are excited!

Monica said...

Wow!!! Everyone is so busy :)

That is SO sweet that Sierra asks about her. She must have her momma's heart.

Beth, you do know Jen. Jen was my matron of honor :)

Have fun in CO Beth. I am still sad we are going to miss you coming through. Where exactly are you going?

Sam said...

I am going to miss you and the girls and the bike rides. Karen and I will have to get together and pretend you are there. Have a safe trip. Sami and I will miss you and the girls.
sweet dreams

Scott and Beth said...

Oh...I see! Well Jen, you have a very sweet little girl;)

We are going to Pueblo to see my grandparents, aunt, uncle and cousins and while we're there we are going to visit Garden of the Gods. Then, we're going to Rocky Mountain National Park on Thursday. On Thursday night we're going to Fort Collins and we'll be there until Saturday. I'm going to see my best friend, Kristin and Renee Dwyer. Saturday morning starts the trip back.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a ton of fun!!!

We are the road trip family since we live so far from everyone. I usually buy several bags of car food, pack a cooler of fruit & veggies, buy an entire case of water bottles, & then one bag of entertainment. That is usually those marker packs they sell? The markers can only color on the paper in the pack, & they're by Crayola. Also, magna doodles always a huge hit with our middle kid. The hardest one is the baby (for me anyway), & i let him chew on biter biscuits even though he wasn't even close to the age on the box. It worked well until he realized he was cemented together with brown goo. I also packed sidewalk chalk for the rest areas -- that was a huge hit! And rest areas have come a long way since I was a kid. Some have playgrounds, some are by water, some have huge fields. We only just got a car with a DVD player, but before that we always rigged up a tiny TV/VCR too. Anyway, hope something in my babble proves to be useful!!!

Monica said...

Fantastic ideas!!!! Where do all these ideas come from. You are a fountain of pregnancy, baby, and family knowledge. I am so impressed, though I will have to say on the verge of intimidated. Why don't I know any of this stuff??!!

Love the chalk idea!!

We will miss you too Sandy! Yes, Karen would love to go on a bike ride. In fact, she has a new seat she needs to try out :)

Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

Have a great trip! This might sound funny, but post-it notes can be a lot of fun on a car trip. It's not a usual thing kids get to play with, but even my 15 month old loves tearing into a pad of them and sticking them on things. Enjoy your time with your family :)

Anonymous said...

Hah! Noooo, don't be intimidated!! I can be overly helpful 85% of the time, so just tell me to shut up!

I hope the trip is going wonderfully!