Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Thursday and Friday

Allen had a conference in Chicago Friday and Saturday. So we went with him. We got to stay in a really nice hotel (for free :P). The cool part is that Friday night Chris and Dana and kids came down and brought my mom too. We also used this time to exchange kids. We gave back Dakota and now we have Allison and Gavin down with us.

We had a super time! The kids travelled very well. They were exhausted when we started, so they slept a lot in the car......hallelujah! Poor baby Joseph fell asleep while eating his chicken nuggets!!!!

I bought a membership to the Museum of Science and Industry because it was cheaper for our whole group then buying everything separately, plus we can all go again this year. So, before the others came down I took my three and Dakota to the musuem to scope out what we wanted to see with everyone on Saturday. Yes, I am insane!

Here is Hannah and Dakota in front of the U-505. It is the only German sub that was boarded by the US during WWII. The coolest part is that the USS Guatelcanal was the ship that took it over. My mom's dad later was a shipman on that very ship!!!!

Three quarters through our excursion, I had to help Hannah put a milking machine on a fake cow....when I turned around...you guessed it. Emily was gone. She is my wanderer so I figured she had just ventured ahead of us to the next room. Nope....nowhere to be found. Dakota and I took off searching that wing. Did I mention that it was terribly crowded with lots of day care and day camp groups? Well, after about 5 minutes and looking through that whole wing, I had to call in the security guard. He called her info in to everyone and we kept searching. Praise the Lord he found her sitting on these nice ladies' laps at the Info desk. Mind you, this was in the middle of the museum completely out of the wing we were in the back of!!! I wanted to choke her and hug her all at the same time!

Below is the security guard that saved her!


Joseph was so tired after the whole ordeal that he passed out in the baby carrier. I LOVE that thing!

3 comments:

Scott and Beth said...

How scary! I would freak out if I lost a kid in a place like that! I'm glad she was okay!

Monica said...

Yes, it was one of those moments that I would not want to live through again. My mind was racing....am I going to be on the news begging for some pycho to return my daughter!!!! Needless to say, she had to wear the kid lease on Saturday.

Malissa said...

WOW That's a frightening one!

Great photos--all of them:) I'm glad you're having a wonderful time with your family this summer:)

Way cool blessing about the man at the buffet:) I love when God blesses in ways that the children can tangibly feel:)!