Monday, July 09, 2007

Please, please PLEASE pray!!!

Allen has been unhappy at his job for about a year now. It is only getting worse. He is never encouraged or given any other honor for all the extra work he does. In fact, when he works overtime all week (which is unpaid as he is salaried) the only response is...."Well, did you get that other thing done?" He has just had it!

He put in applications to two places last week. Please pray for God's will. He applied for a civilian job as geographer for the Air Force. We have an air force base near us in Belleville. He REALLY wants this job. He has always wanted to be in the military, so this would satisfy that without the deployment downside :)

I beg you to keep us in your prayers. Obviously we want the Lord's will, but we really want this one and want it to happen fast....it is almost as if he can barely hold on any longer. My heart just breaks for him :*(

5 comments:

Troy & Sherry said...

we will be praying - i love you and miss you friend :)
xxoxoxoxo

Scott and Beth said...

I will be praying for sure! Please pray for us in this same area. Scott is really trying to figure out what God wants him to do for a job too. He also has the same problems. In fact, someone he works with just got an award with a thousand dollar bonus for work that Scott has been doing ALL BY HIMSELF for the past year! This is the second award this guy has been given for work that Scott did!

Scott and Beth said...

How did The Biggest Loser turn out?

Monica said...

Thank you guys! I will keep you posted on the job. I am so anxious to hear something. Beth, I can't believe that about Scott....I would be SO angry! How can that guy in good conscience accept that? I will be praying for him.

Biggest loser: Well, I did horrible last week. I gained three pounds. Paula ended up winning with 10 pounds lost. Allen got second with 10 pounds lost. The rest of us only had one or two pounds lost :( I am in severe need of motivation.

Scott and Beth said...

Sorry you didn't win The Biggest Loser! Keep your chin up...you're still doing great!

The worst part about the guy accepting that award is that he claims to be a Christian...he even leads the youth at his church. It makes me so mad! I'm glad he didn't do this to an unsaved person...some testimony that would be.