This is the coolest story. Sunday night we were reading the bible before bedtime. Allison chose to read the feeding of the 5,000 to us.
Well, last night I had to run to Walmart for some things, so we decided to take the kids to the Chinese buffet in Sparta. We prayed before dinner and the kids were doing a super job. All of a sudden the waitress and the cashier guy came over and were jabbering in chinese and pointing. Finally I asked if everything was ok. She said, "oh yus, just man who sit over zere, he pay for your whole dinna". I thought the English must be rough...so I asked her again. Well, come to find out the gentleman who was sitting behind us all by himself paid for our whole meal as he was walking out the door! I asked her who he was as it is a smaller town. She said she had no idea who he was :)
Then tonight we were talking about blessings before reading the story. Well, then it dawned on me. We prayed and thanked God for our food then we were fed for free. The last line of the story says "and they all ate as much as they wanted" Well, that certainly sounds like a buffet to me! So we talked to the kids that we were fed last night just like the people in the Bible. Talk about the story coming to life!!! God is so good to show us such vivid lessons. Thank you Lord for taking such good care of us.
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment