For winning our family Biggest Loser contest last "season" we earned a train ride to KC by way of train. Allen is a HUGE train fan, so he was in heaven. I love spending time with my handsome man!
Because of the afore mentioned sleep deprivation, poor Allen enjoyed the sites to KC by himself most of the time. I was passed out cold. It was a very relaxing ride....too relaxing. What a terrible date I was :( Here he is in our seats on Amtrak.
We ate lunch at the mall nextdoor to Union Station. The restaurant was really cool. You ordered by phone. Then train came by overhead and dropped off your food. Then a little hydrolic something or other lowered it to your table. Very cool. We brought how engineer hats for the kids who had to stay home. I had to try one on :P Boy, my eyes look tired!
A moment before this picture was taken (by yet another perfect stranger whom I solicited to take our picture), the fountains were spraying really high and looked so cool and romantic. Not so in this picture. Oh well....good try.
Allen took this out the door of the caboose. The conductor wouldn't allow us all the way out, but he got a good shot anyway :)
1 comment:
I love those fountains that come up out of the ground like that! That is so cool! I really like the last picture...that looks really neat!
Post a Comment