Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Survey Says......

Good and bad. I had to be on steroids for the past week + because of my bad poison ivy. I worried about what that would mean for my weight loss. I also should be getting you-know anytime. I did however try really hard this week. In fact I even got up at 4:30 am to exercise because otherwise it is so hard to fit in. If you have roomed with me for any time you KNOW that was a struggle. I am so not a morning person. Well I ended up losing a pound. Of course I wanted it to be higher but given the other circumstances I will be satisfied.

Allen lost another 2 pounds putting him at -88!!! Unreal. Beth isn't that what you weigh???!!! Paula lost two pounds as well so she is still in first. Allen is in second. The last weigh in is next Tuesday.

Thursday I am going to weigh in again as it will be my one year anniversary of weight loss!!!

11 comments:

Scott and Beth said...

Umm...no...I weigh a bit more than that. It would be nice though.

Scott and Beth said...

What is your total lost?

Anonymous said...

Oohhweeee! That means next week's is going be a big'n, babe!

Beth, lady love, please tell me you don't seriously want to weigh 88 lbs. When I was in the Air Force, I was in an all-male shop, & I learned a lot (more than I wanted to know?) about men. They shared with me that women need some meat . . . their terms/way of saying it were not in such a way I can write here, but suffice it to say, men don't care for skinny minnies.

SOOOOOO, don't go trying to weigh 88 pounds! Or I shall bop you on the head!

Monica said...

My total weight loss is still at 44. I had gained and now relost :( GRRRRRR

Well, Danna! I am not banking on the big loss....but I am glad you are thinking so positively.

Yeah, my brother and Allen say the same thing Danna. What did you do in your all male shop btw?

Scott and Beth said...

Weight is a touchy subject for me. I have lots of people tell me how skinny I am, but I just don’t see it. For one thing…my hips are too big in proportion to my waist. I can’t ever fit in pants because if I get them big enough for my hips they are way too big around my waist. Don’t even get me started on the upper half of my body. I think I own like two dresses because I have the world’s smallest chest and I don’t fit into any dresses. Funny story about that…one day Scott and I were at a store and he saw a bra and said “Wow, this must be in the wrong section…it’s for an 8 year old”…it was in fact my size. Ha…I did have to laugh though. When I told him it was probably my size he said I was being ridiculous. Alas I was not. So...there you have it...I have big hips and no boobs. And to answer you question…no…I don’t really want to be 88 pounds.

Scott and Beth said...

Instead of losing weight, I need to shrink these hips!

Scott and Beth said...

...and get a wonder bra???

Monica said...

See....you guys have waaaayyy more in common than you even thought....ie..the weight thing.


Ok, Beth, that is hilarious about the bra. I don't think your chest looks small. I think it is perfectly proportionate to your upper body. In fact, the picture for your posts looks quite....boobiliscious :) But hey, you get that wonder bra...I have been told they really work...I of course have the opposite problems...in times past have tried to bind those bad boys...now I have given up.

Scott and Beth said...

Thank you, Monica! I'm glad it looks like I've got some boobs in the pictures. I must have been wearing my good bra...ha! Yea the bra story was great...one would have thought that could have hurt my feelings, but it was so funny! The poor guy had no idea...and in his defense that was a VERY small bra!

Troy & Sherry said...

great job my friend - i am so proud of you -
i love you and miss you and wish i could give you a huge hug right now.

Anonymous said...

Beth, I understand what you're saying. You're saying "Thin is NOT everything." And that I totally agree with. I get those thin comments all the time too, although mine are usually qualified with a lovely "for having three kids" part . . . why is that exactly? But anyway, my list of things I'd like to shift around or completely alter is lengthy too, so I DO understand what you're saying. Sounds like we're all on the same page.

Monica, I was a tech controller, a local area network technician. I was the first female ever in that shop. I pulled cable, to be black & white about it. I sweat hard, & I earned every drop of it.