Monday, June 25, 2007

Another Monday Dawns

Hard to believe we are starting yet another week. Hard to believe this is the last full week of June! I really HATE how quickly our summer fun goes :( We had a yard sale Friday and Saturday. We got rid of a lot of stuff and made some money to boot. I was very grateful that Karen came over all day Friday and baked in the sun with me. I would never have been able to do it by myself. My kids were actually super though. They enjoyed playing with the toys we were getting rid of. It cracked me up because if they would have played with them that much before they wouldn't have even been in the sale :)

We sold Joseph's highchair. He was getting to be a danger in it. One Sunday morning Allen had put him in there with his breakfast. I was in the kitchen finishing the girls meals. I walked in and Joseph was sitting on the floor!!!! I never even heard a bang of any sort much less cries. He is too funny. So, now he is officially a big boy and sits in a booster. Bitter sweet for the old sentimental mom :*(

Sunday we had a bunch of family and friends down for the Red Bud firemen's parade and picnic. Here are the diva girls. Karen, Monica, Tammy and Sandy. We all had a super time. It is hard not to when we are all together and laughing. Praise God for friends!


Waiting for the parade to start was Papa with Samantha, MawMaw with Emily, Hannah, then in the background is Allen and Joseph. It poured just an hour before the parade, but God was good to us. We had a perfect parade that was dry and by the end of it we were all dripping from the humidity!


Sandy and Tammy got a work out. They sat on the curb with the kids. In fact, they didn't sit much as this parade has the most candy, beads, freezy pops and other things being thrown. They were running around for over an hour helping the kids pick up all the goodies!


My little man had a super time. He was just in awe of all the fire trucks. He can't wait until next year to fight the other kids for all the candy though :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monica, oh my lands, that pic of you with all the girls -- LOOK AT YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did doubletake, & then I just GRINNED at the monitor. Girl, if you need encouragement at any point, just check out that sucker. I think that pic should go on your fridge!

Monica said...

Danna! You are just my precious cheerleader!!!! I will have to say you are like a long distance trainer :)

Yes, I will have to say that I was pleasantly surprised at that picture...no photo shop needed :) I could actually see daylight between Karen and me. What a cool thing!!!!