Tuesday, June 19, 2007

All right!!! Now I am mad!!!

It seems like the weeks that I really try are not paying off as of late. This plateau has got to end. I walked at least 2 miles two times last week and rode 18 miles on a real bike, 5 miles on the exercise bike and did 20 minutes on the elliptical hell machine. And I have lost NOTHING!!!! I am so very irritated!

Allen, however, lost another two pounds. Way to go, Handsome!!! He is getting dangerously close to my weight! Just not allowed. There's motivation, hey Danna?!

Haven't heard from the other competitors, but will post that later

9 comments:

Scott and Beth said...

Maybe you turned some fat into muscle…which weighs more than fat anyway.

Anonymous said...

I was totally going to say what Beth said, & also, what time of the month is this?

It does sound like you made muscle --- this is in your favor b/c muscle BURNS fat. Just give it time to do its thing, now that you made it happen. DON'T BE DEFEATED!

Also, my husband has always weighed less than I do.

Monica said...

I surely hope so! It doesn't help much now with my irritation, but I am thinking that mathmatically it doesn't add up unless I factor in muscle gain...ha, I sound like the guy on Numb3rs :)

Really? He doesn't look like he weighs less than you! Encouraging once again....see, Danna...God brought you into my life just when I needed you most!!!!

Scott and Beth said...

Danna and I always think the same things!

Monica said...

You guys sure do....you guys will either LOVE love LOVE each other or butt heads as you are made from the same lovely cloth :)

Anonymous said...

I know, that you know, that I know exactly how you feel about exercising and still not losing weight. It is very frustrating but you must keep on keeping on.
Ask yourself these questions:
1. how much water am I drinking daily?
2. what is my daily calorie intake?
3. do I stop eating 2 hours before bed?
4. do I eat a big breakfast?
5. do I eat every 3 hours keeping my metabolism burning?
6. do I benefit from exercising, do I feel better having more energy?
7. do I feel better than last year on june 20th?

Always remind yourself of how far you have come on your journey to a lighter and healthier you, don't listen to the devil and get discourage and quit. Instead know that God believes that you are indeed a Winner and not only that but you have boldly posted your struggles on this blog to help other people like me to lose weight and continue to lose weight! So fantastic job Monica and please go out and reward yourself today for all of your efforts! How about some new clothes or a new music c.d. or go out and rent a movie and relax! I love you lots and lots!

Anonymous said...

LOL, Beth -- I've noticed that -- see why I hounded you down on your own blog?? ;oP

Monica, I am 5'10" & Paul is 5'9" ~ he is very light-framed. I am medium-framed. I weigh anywhere between 147 & 154 on any given day, & I'm a size 6. He weighs 145, & this is the heaviest he's ever been. Those five pounds he only recently put on. We wear one another's clothing & shoes & can do other *ahem* things quite conveniently as well since we're pretty much exactly the same size. ;oP

Do you need a censor on your blog because of me?

Anyway, I always dated big, tall Marine-type guys, & then I fell hard & fast for the total opposite. I wouldn't have it ANY other way. I used to have a hard time with the weight thing back when weight bothered me (bulimia & all that), but I'm completely happy with how things are.

Monica said...

Danna! I love you and you crack me up. I am glad that you will be honest. I will take that with a little censoring than dull, boring and only part of the truth. Your honesty is what has made this blog thing worth it and definitely fun to get to know you better.

Interesting! I guess I should just be happy for him and find it as some motivation for me....and just chill then :)

Monica said...

Christina! You are so right. That is why I have had to pull up pictures of ourselves from a year ago...it is encouraging!

I will have to let you know I thought of you this week. I got up two times at 4:30am so I could take a walk by myself before everyone else was awake. Thank GOD for my mp3 player or I would never have made it. It was nice to have a little ME time right away in the morning. Most mornings I wake up and am behind from the get-go.