LETHAL INJECTION by Gail Rodgers
In a moment of anger it all boils over. Are you depositing toxins into the important relationships in your life without even realizing it?
Think of the common conversations you have with your loved ones. Are your words too often negative and critical? A diet of negativity and criticism will put toxic waste into a relationship often doing irreparable damage.
So often we can justify our criticisms as we point out other's flaws. Yet when the majority of our words and tones have that negative edge we will find we are no longer putting building blocks into that relationship. Rather we are beginning the slow process of demise.
People will seldom remember the words you spoke but they will always remember how you made them feel.How do people feel after an encounter with you?If you find the flow of your words leans toward negativity and criticism more often than not, then do a heart check. What is going on in your heart and mind? Are you feeling bitter, neglected, jealous or perhaps lonely?
Spend some time asking God to show you the root of the negativity that flows from your heart. He can be trusted to reveal the cause and help you find a way to work through it.
Proverbs 4:23 gives us good advice: "Above all else, guard your heart for it is the wellspring of life."If what springs from the well of your heart does not speak life to those around you, go back and see where you have left your heart unguarded. God will help you discover why negativity found a home there and He can help you change.
I was just thinking about something like this the last couple of days. I was thinking about songs. It seems we all have a song or two that other people "hear" when we enter a room. My friend Karen is always there to help me. When I think of Karen....I hear a cavalry song. There is a person I know who is quite negative. I hear Beethoven's 5th or the theme from JAWS when that person is near. What is your song?
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You know what? I feel like one gigantic toxin. And there are days I wonder what would be worse -- leaving or staying. I can't believe I'm writing this on a public forum, but I am just SO sick of my impatience & my temper. I pray & despise myself & weep & read the Bible, & I am still me.
Applause, applause!!!!! I am so proud of you for being able to be completely honest.
I am having the same kind of day. In fact, I was even yelling at Joseph today! Impatience and temper are my two biggest areas of weakness right now. Well, that and my lack of discipline in both eating and spending!
My blood just boils over the most stupid things...then I feel like so mad at myself.
You are of so much value, even when you make mistakes...even if they are big. Your family needs you! Look at what you teach all them and keep the house running. You completely amaze me!
I am just like you, Monica! My blood pressure goes through the roof over the stupidest things. I'm really scared that I'm going to be one of those moms that yell all the time!
Post a Comment