Thursday, June 14, 2007

Did You Get Your Pearls ON???

I have often marveled that June Cleaver could have a tasty roast in the oven, a cake from scratch cooling, her house clean and her pearls on by the time Mr Cleaver got home. I have a hard time getting any of those done lately and surely never get them all done. Today I decided I was going to try really hard so Allen could come home to a calmer house and not have work to do to help me...plus I also wanted him to see his wife, not just the mother of his kids.

So, I don't do roasts....so I put some chicken in the crock pot. I didn't make a dessert from scratch but that is ok because we are trying to cut out desserts. My house was fairly clean, and I took a shower right before he came home.....and I remembered my pearls!!! He is so wonderful. He noticed everything. And I know that he appreciated the extra effort.

How about you? Do you forget to be someone's wife and lover in the midst of being a mom like I do?

Remember to put your pearls on from time to time :)

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Sometimes I get so busy doing "things" that when Alan gets home I just hand him Julianna so I can try to finish everything. I have been trying a little harder lately to have a movie to watch or suggest a walk in the park in the evening when he gets home, instead of pulling him into my "things" that I want done.

Scott and Beth said...

Since I am not a mom...nor do I stay home...this doesn't really apply to me. However, I do have a really hard time making sure that I get all my stuff done and make time for Scott. I have OCD BIG TIME! I get crazy if everything isn't just the way it should be in the house. It also makes me grumpy. So...Scott asks me to do something with him and I'm upset because I want to clean! What kind of a freak am I???

Thanks for the reminder!

Monica said...

As a fellow freak...I can say I so understand! It is hard for me to relax or do something for me when there is a mess or other chaos in the house. Perhaps we should die to those impulses every once in a blue moon and put our husbands on top priority.

I so understand what you are saying, Michelle! I do the very same thing. I feel so much relief when Allen gets home. Often he gets put to work to help me when they really need to unwind and see it as a positive thing to come home from work. Thankfully, I have an awesome husband who doesn't see it as a second job when he comes home to us. Granted there is plenty of work to qualify!

Our husbands are truly blessings from the Lord!!!! Great time to remember them this week..even if they aren't fathers....YET :)

Troy & Sherry said...

i am so proud of you! :)
you are so adorable - i love you and miss you friend~

Anonymous said...

This is SO good, Monica! I'm a huge fan of the book, The Proper Care & Feeding of Husbands, & it's totally along the lines of your post. Check it out sometime!