Friday, September 22, 2006

Our Yard

I don't know if I have shown my backyard to you guys. It is hilariously small. I was having a really hard time being content with it last summer for my kids' sake. Well, last summer my father in law dug up the flowers and grass next to the garage and filled it all in with sand. My girls think it is awesome. It was nice during the heat of the summer too because it was mostly shaded. Then right before Joseph we bought a swingset. I wasn't sure if a swingset would even fit in our little yard. Praise God it did. That thing has been such a blessing. I don't have to feel bad that I can't load up three lunatics and take them to the park. Now we have a park in our backyard. When I make dinner I can let the girls loose back there because I can see them from the kitchen window and it is fenced in. It is awesome to have them get some fresh air and to get out from under my feet as I cook. I hate cooking to begin with so the least amount of outside irritation is much appreciated :)





The other cool part is that the only thing we have had to pay for back there is the swingset. My father in law got all the sand for free. We got the little slide for free from Allen's cousin, and the picnic table was given to us from Allen's parents. Praise God for generous people and His provision.

Ps. The edge of the fence is lined with wild flowers which are no longer blooming. Before the 100 degree weeks they were doing so well. It was really pretty and maintenance free :P

6 comments:

Sam said...

Did you know you were an angel? I like your yard. your kids can't get away in it.

Monica said...

That is KEY!!!!! It is all about containment :) You are welcome!

nicandsi said...

monica when the little uns are about 5 buy a trampoline oh my goodness they are a god send not only do they love bouncing and doing flips but it completley wears them out its GREAT we have a 12ft one with an enclosure so they can't hurt themselves by falling out it is the best thing i've bought all summer take care xxxx

Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

What a great idea to change the flower bed into a sand bed! It's amazing how much good that bit of fresh air does for the little ones :)

Sam said...

My baby can get away and she can do it fast. and go forever. we walked all the way down to elvins yesterday. In about 5 min. then back i was amazed.

Monica said...

Yes she is extremely fast!!! You guys have tons of places to go too :)

Nic...great idea about the tramp and the enclosure! I will keep that in mind. We will hopefully have a bigger yard by then.

The sandbox has been a huge blessing!!!