Monday, August 04, 2008

Saturday at the beach in WI

The kids and I drove up to WI on Friday. We are returning my nephew, Gavin, and spending some time with family before school starts for Hannah. (sigh....makes me sad to even type that)

Saturday we got to go to the lake. I was thrilled. That is my very favorite activity in the summer. It was a perfect day, and everyone had a great time.


Hannah surprised me several times on Saturday. She has become so adventurous. Here she is tubing behind Chris' awesome new boat with Gavin. She did such a good job and was so brave!


Now this one really shocked me. Joseph said he wanted to go too!!! So, Dakota took Joseph tubing. I was a little nervous, but he just smiled the whole time.



Paula Hannah and Chris on our boat ride. Wow that thing is nice and can go so fast. Hannah didn't get scared at all. In fact, she was giggling the whole time. The younger too were a bit scared, but they didn't cry, scream or demand to get off. Then when we went tubing they both wanted to go on the boat again :)


Swim Buddies: Joseph and Dakota


Hannah jumping off the end of the pier. It was over her head. It took her a while to work up to that deep, but she did it!!! Allison, Dakota and Gavin are water pros :)


Joseph even started jumping off the pier to Dakota. Dakota could just barely stand at the end, so he could catch the baby. I was so proud of him being so brave. Emily on the other hand would have nothing to do with the deep water. She would only jump into knee-deep water, but she was getting a little deeper by the end of the day


Ahhh yes, we can't forget about the cool sand! They loved the sand activities :)



Swimming in the lake


Being brave swimming by himself


Hannah on the left, Emily with her back turned and Allison playing way at the end of the swim section. I was so surprised Emily went that far out. Hannah was there just about all day. She is such a fish


Dana and Dakota. Dana's knee is getting better, but still quite painful. So, she got to do a whole lot of sitting....not exciting but maybe relaxing :)


My kids on their first ride in Uncle Chris' new boat




6 comments:

Michelle said...

It's so hot here and that water looks so inviting, I wish that I could transport myself there and jump in for a bit.
And before you say it Monica, yes it is amazing, my blog is updated and I've responded to two other's blogs all in the same week!

Monica said...

ha ha ha....very nearly fell off the couch I did :)

Ugh, I bet it is hot. Allen said the heat index in STL today was 113! The lake was soooooo fun and awesome. My kids did better than in the ocean bc of the waves being so much smaller. They were talking about how it tasted different than when we went with Julianna :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that picture of Joseph and Dakota swimming together!

Anonymous said...

Haha...I just read your comment about how the kids said the water tasted different at the lake than at the ocean! Too funny!

Monica said...

I thought that was so cute and observant!

Yes, Joseph just adores his big cousin, Dakota

Monica said...

I thought that was so cute and observant!

Yes, Joseph just adores his big cousin, Dakota