Sunday, August 17, 2008

Weekend at Home

Joseph helping Papa earlier in the week. It cracked me up that Joseph went and got
his "power drill"

This weekend we were actually HOME and stayed home. I was thrilled to get some landscaping done. I had such a wonderful day. The day was so beautiful day. It was in the low 80's and had a super breeze. Karen came over for a while and Allen's ever-helpful parents came over all day to help!




Here is the street view of our new flower bed in the middle.






We also put in the landscape edging around my pie shaped bed. I love the purple leafy things in there....although they have taken over everything :)

We also got to get the area around the transformers done. It was so ugly in between our yard and our neighbor Miss Ellen. She came out and we all did it together. It was a great time getting to know her better!

I am going to be getting a small pine tree to go in the back of this flower bed. Perhaps something that gets 10-15 ft max. Alan any advice?

Later in the fall we are going to build a retaining wall/flower bed in front of the house. Isn't my fountain awesome? Clearance sale :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome job! You guys got a lot done in just one day. I love the new flower bed! The little bench is so cute.

Anonymous said...

I tagged you! Check out my blog for the rules :)

Anonymous said...

Where's the fountain?
The landscaping looks wonderful; nice job everyone.

Monica said...

The fountain is hard to see in these pics...sorry. It is against the house in the middle of my two windows. It is red and copper with three tea light candles on each side. Very cute