



We went up to my parents' cabin up in WI for the weekend. It took us 10 hours to get there. The kids did pretty well. We had to have quite a few stops. On the way up there we were hoping to make a quick potty stop but happened to get in there right after a youth group. That took a long time. We really enjoyed going to the lake and river. The top pictures on the top were taken at the river. The girls really enjoyed playing with their cousins. As you can see from the pile-up picture. Uncle Chris loved the special time with the girls. Joseph really enjoyed some time with his Nanny. The picture of him was taken when he smiled at her while she was holding him. This is one of his very first smile :)
Sunday night started the weekend's downfall. We gave Gavin the stomach flu. He puked all over the kitchen floor. Then my mom and dad got it later that night. Allison woke up with it! Oh my, it was terrible. My two cousins got it on Monday too. We were supposed to stay until Tuesday but decided that we had done enough damage and started our trek home.
The disappointments continued. I was so emotional having to leave my family a day early especially in the condition they were in. We aren't scheduled to see them for two months :( Then we stopped for brunch at a pioneer restaurant. Not good food, even worse atmosphere. Oh yeah, I forgot to say that Sunday night my new camera phone got washed in the washer. I forgot to take it off my pocket and my mom washed clothes. Ugh, expensive mistake. The last big disappointment was that we went to Columbia to watch their fireworks. It rained for an hour, so we had two lunatic girls running around the van and one little boy screaming his head off. The rain stopped just in time for the fireworks to start. Well, they never did. We sat staring at the sky for an hour in anticipation. Oh well, right? I don't think anyone in my family will soon forget this 4th of July :)

7 comments:
my dear friend i am sorry about your craziness - that is when i try and focus on those positive things - sometimes they are hard to find though :)
Oh Monica. that is so sad. Is your family doing better? I do not know how I would make it without mine. YOu are a heck of a woman.
s
I really did enjoy the time we did have up there. The weather was awesome. I just loved spending Saturday at the lake. Hannah was so brave. She even let Uncle Chris throw her in the water :) Emily liked just putting her feet in and playing in the sand.
Yeah, I get really tired of living so far from my family. I miss doing every day things with them. It gets to me to always be doing stuff with Allen's parents when I don't get to with my own family. Clarence complains if he can't see the kids at least once a week! Don't get me wrong....I am very grateful that they love my kids that much. Just my selfish side I guess.
I love the picture of Joseph! He looks like he's getting a bit chubby:)...how cute!
Yes, he is getting big. The picture is a bit deceiving. It makes him look chubby, yet he is pretty tall and lean. We think he must get it from his two great grandpas :)
Thanks Dad! I am so proud of you for learning how to post on a blog!!!! I really appreciated your comments. In fact, it made me a little emotional...what's new lately huh? I do really cherish the limited times together. It is just hard when those times are cut short and anything but ideal in the end. We still really had a good time. Hannah talks about it all the time :)
Wow - what a weekend! What is with the stomach flu! I think they need to develop a vaccine for you guys :) I'm glad you got to spend some time together. I am starting to realize that any moment with family is truly precious.
Post a Comment