Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Pray for Kelley

Please please pray for my friend Kelley. She and I were in youth group together. On Monday she lost her dear husband to cancer. I can't imagine being a widow and single mom of two at the age of 30. My heart is just breaking for her! Pray for God's strength and peace. My stomach is just sick at trying to imagine losing my Allen.

6 comments:

Jen said...

I'm thinking about heading out to the funeral. Steve's mom was planning to go to MI this week anyways to help out his grandma. Still not sure with cost of taking the train for 2, but we will see.

Scott and Beth said...

We will be praying for her! You said she has two children? How old are they and what are their names? I cannot imagine how she must feel!

Troy & Sherry said...

monica-
we have been following this and i just wrote about it as well - isn't it heart breaking - jeez i can't even imagine - what a beautiful family - they have been in our thoughts and prayers for many months now and will continue to do so - hug allen extra hard tonight - i love you

Monica said...

Actually I am not sure how old they are. I am thinking 7 and 5. The 7 year old is Aidan and the 5 year old is Kya.

That is so nice of you, Jen, to even think about trying to go. I just hate funerals. I just feel so inadequate to say anything to the grieving family. You are such a great friend.

Jen said...

We did work it out to go. Pray for wisdom in what to say and safety along the way.

Sam said...

Oh, I can't imagine. I said an extra prayer for them.