Monday, July 31, 2006

Sauna weekend




Yikes, it has been so hot here. Yesterday the van was reading 103!!!! Needless to say we tried to stay inside. Friday we went thrift shopping, took the kids to a park with sprinklers and went for our 2.6 mile walk on the JB trail. Wooweeee that was hot even though it was 8 pm.

Saturday we did some running around including The Bass Pro shop for Allen. Then we went to the Monroe County fair. it was quite an adventure as there was a big thunder storm before we got there. It was still raining after we got there. The main reason we went was for the tractor pull...no my neck has not turned red...it was for my dear country boy husband ; 0) We had to vacate our seats once because of all the lightning since we were on metal bleachers!!!! Hannah had a good time. Emily did not like the noise at all. It made her nervous. Joseph slept through it. The poor Allen only got to watch one heat between the rain and it being 10 pm with three small kids. Then we made it all the way to the van before we realized we were missing one of Emily's shoes! Allen had to go all the way back and climb under the nasty bleachers to find it. It is always an adventure :)

6 comments:

Troy & Sherry said...

monica-
ha ha that made me laugh out loud picturing allen crawling under the bleachers to get the shoe...oh the joys of children...
we miss you and love you guys - stay inside where it is cool...

Scott and Beth said...

Hehe...sounds like Allen and Scott have a lot in common. I too have a little country husband:) Obviously, I am on the extreme other side…a city girl! Sometimes he says things and I just have to look at him and I know I give him the look of “where in the world are you from?” Too funny! I thing it makes for a great balance though. I know I’ve done things that I never thought I would do…ever!

Scott and Beth said...

P.S.

Tell Allen he is looking great! I can really see that he has lost weight!

Monica said...

Yeah, the crawling under the bleachers wasn't pretty! He is such a jewel :)

Thank you for the encouragement, Beth. I told Allen and it really made him feel good.

Jen said...

What a sweet husband to run back to get the shoe in the rain! Glad you guys are staying cool - fun water park. We went to the beach today to stay somewhat cool.

Sam said...

This is what I have to look forward too. Crawling under bleachers to find shoes.