
Hello all!
We had quite a healthful weekend. Friday we wanted to go out for Chinese, so we walked there. It was super. Then we walked around the neighborhood. Saturday we did some tootling around and walked the trail at Jefferson Barracks. It was so pretty. Unfortunately I had remembered my socks but forgot my tennis shoes. I had to do the 2.5 miles in my flip flops. Needless to say, I had to walk barefoot for half of it :) Oh well. Hannah walked the whole thing! We were so impressed. Then Sunday we went for a 12 mile bike ride at Grant's Trail. It was so much fun. We had a whole big group. Karen, Bob, Vella, Sandy, Sami, Clarence and Jane all went with us. I would not suggest taking the new trail that branches off. We heard there was a park at the end. It was ALL uphill. It was absolute torture. The hill never stopped and we never found the park. Maybe when we are all in super shape and need a challenge we will attempt Devil's Hill again :) Here is a picture of Hannah and Sami in Sandy's trailer. The kids had a good time too.
And now for my update.....I have officially lost two more pounds last week. So, I have lost 6 pounds since my doctor's visit. I really appreciate all your prayers and encouragement. I SURE need it. This is such a battle. Sometimes I feel so consumed by it. I will say that last week was easier than the first week. Hopefully it will just keep getting better.. Not too hopeful though

7 comments:
yahoo monica-
great job on the 6 pounds - you are doing wonderful! keep up the good work and if you fail once - just pick yourself up and do better the next time....i sometimes forget it took me a couple years to put the pounds on -it isn't likely to come off in a day..too bad it wasn't like that..
Hooray for Monica! 6 pounds in 2 weeks is great! I'm sure walking and bike riding will help as well! The good thing is that you enjoy doing those things with your family! I'm glad to hear the 2nd week was easier than the 1st week...I hope it keeps going that way:)
Thanks guys for the encouragement! Yeah, I so want it to come off right now and stay off. I have no patience for most things and I have even less for this. Yeah, I really don't know what I can be discouraged about when I look at it realistically...6 pounds in a little over 2 weeks is super. Thanks for the perspective. I sure need you guys :)
I have a group picture I would love to post but it is way to big and my laptop is crashed for the 3rd time so I have no editing program. Maybe I can get it smaller somehow soon.
Awww...that is a bummer. Too bad you couldn't get it to me and I could make it smaller for you ;9
What a great job at implementing fun family activities that are exercising at the same time - you're doing great! Hannah is a trooper doing a 2 1/2 mile walk by herself - yowza!
Thank you! We are actually enjoying the time together exercising. I am really looking forward to our next bike ride....amazing!
Post a Comment