Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My Bedroom

We have lived at this house for three years now. I have never worked on our bedroom. It was last on the list. Well, we have been working on it for a while now. Man, that red paint took a primer and two coats. What a ministry for my husband :) I am using reds, wrought iron and wood with an African theme for me.....surveying/history for Allen.


This weekend Allen's parents cam! e over. Jane worked tirelessly and made my curtains, my pillows and my table coverings....yeah, I know! Amazing. They look so great. I couldn't be happier. Then Clarence worked with Allen all day putting on new front and back doors. They even had to rebuild the trim in the back. Yikes, lots of work. I want to publicly thank the Lord for giving me such giving and talented inlaws! I also want to thank you MawMaw and Papa for helping us soooo much AGAIN!!! You are so very talented and such a huge blessing. We wouldn't do it without you!!!



5 comments:

Scott and Beth said...

It looks great, Monica! I just love red walls! I can't wait until our next house when I have a dining room to paint red! Scott promised me one red room. He hates to paint red because, as you know...it is difficult to cover. Your room looks really nice.

Monica said...

Thank you! I couldn't wait to get to show all of you guys. I just love it. It has finally become our little haven. Whoa, red is soooo hard to cover...especially when you start with white. It wasn't bad when we were covering purple.

Liesl said...

gorgeous, monica. love it. my kitchen is red and we love it. you have a knack--of course i already knew that!

Cari Mohler said...

I love the room! and love to hear about your kids!!! :) That's what mom's are suppose to do! Be their kids biggest fan!!! :)

Thank you for praying for Calvin and for Jas and I! It means a lot to know that people are praying!!!

Monica said...

Cari....I most certainly am!!!! I am so glad you keep me updated with your blog and on mine :)

I am not sure I knew I have a knack, Liesl but thanks. I bet red for kitchen or dining rooms is awesome. What do you have it accented with?