Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Emergency Prayers!!!

Please, please pray for my family. On Sunday morning, my cousin Jeff's 7 year old son, Brody, was in a terrible go-cart accident. They were racing at the Milwaukee Mile. I was told that they go 45 mph or so and in the straightaways they can get up to 65 mph. Well, he spun out and the kid behind him hit him. This sent him into the wall. His helmet and neck brace flew off on impact. He kept spinning and hit the wall again this time without his protective gear and then ejected!!!!!!

He was immediately unconscious and was rushed to the hospital. They put him in a drug-induced coma and had to operate on his brain immediately. They had to remove part of his skull in order to relieve some of the pressure from the swelling. He is still in the coma. They tried to bring him out of it, but the nurses said that he was too fidgety. I am not sure if that is because of all the pain he is in or just because he is a scared little boy trying to figure out what is going on.

My parents went up to see them last night and said it is a heart wrenching sight. He looks sooo tiny in that bed. He has every machine possible hooked up to him. My mom said you remember what a little boy he is when you see all the dirt under his nails from playing outside.

Please pray for everyone involved. Pray for a miracle for this little boy, and for God to be glorified. We read about Jesus raising Lazarus last night in our family Bible reading. Pray that God will raise Brody from his coma, and heal him completely!!!

5 comments:

Scott and Beth said...

Oh how terrible! Monica, I have already prayed for little Brody and will continue to do so! What a scary thing! Do Brody and his parents know Jesus?

Please let me know if you hear anything!

Monica said...

Thank you so much for praying, Beth. I am a little disappointed more of my friends haven't volunteered to pray. :( Perhaps people haven't had time to read this post.

Brody is about the same. They are fearing that he is coming down with pneumonia and that his kidneys are having a problem dealing with all the saline he is getting to help his brain.

My cousin and his wife, Katie, are really in need of our prayers. I don't know if they are saved or not. I have promised them that I have some of the most wonderful people in the world praying for them.

They have said he will be in there for at least 3 weeks even if he miraculously recovers today. We need to also pray for their finances. No one is working as you can imagine. My Uncle Rob (Brody's gpa) is so sweet. He laid off often in his line of work but is taking well-wishers down to the cafe in the hospital and treating them to something. I am sure he feels he needs to show his appreciation for them coming, but he does not have the money to do that. In fact, I remember when I was in the hospital with my kids. We spend hundreds of dollars on hospital and take out food for Allen. I can't imagine for a whole family!!!!!

Monica said...

But on the positive side....they think he was trying to get out of bed and had one eye open today. They increased his drugs to keep him under so he can heal more.

Scott and Beth said...

I have been thinking about him all day! I will continue to pray...also for salvation if that is needed. I'm glad to hear that perhaps he may be a little better...at least responsive!

Monica said...

Yes, thank you very much!!!! I covet your prayers :)