Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Friday Family Fun

I bought a zoo membership this year with some of our tax return money. I figured it would be a good way to invest in some summer fun. Well, we got to go on Friday night for the zoo member special night. We had so much fun! Everything was free. The kids just LOVED the train ride. We got to see seals being fed. And here is the best part.....there weren't very many people there at all!!! I just love successful family outings. It is times like this that I dreamed about when I thought of having a family!


Emily getting up close and personal with a giraffe. They are my favorite!


We finally got to see the apes. We have been going several times a year for the past couple of years....and we were beginning to wonder if they even were at the zoo :) This guy was killing me with those crazy eyes!!!


The carousel ride. I almost got motion sick. What a wuss!!! I braved wearing that tangerine color. I am not sure I should try again.


Hannah's pretty glowing hair in the sunlight.

4 comments:

Jen said...

We ended up buying a zoo pass too this year. We've been going about 1x a week since it is so close to us. It is so easy to walk around for an hour exercising w/o even realizing it. Glad you had a good time!

Monica said...

Cool! I wish I could go with you :( I know the Milwaukee zoo is terribly expensive. Ours is actually free to get into, but parking is $10 and the train is $4 a person. So....we spent $80 and got $60 in parking passes alone :) How much was your pass out of curiosity??

Great idea, Jen! I didn't even think about the exercise factor!!! I may be going even more often :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my word, your husband looks SO skinny -- I had to look twice!

And totally wear the tangerine again -- it brings out your tan, & you look GREAT!

Scott and Beth said...

I also think the same thing...that shirt looks great on you! I love that color!