Wednesday, May 16, 2007

My Babies' Checkups

Monday we had the beloved well-baby check ups for Joseph and Emily. The kids were a little high-strung in that little room, but overall did super.

Emily is now 26 pounds and 34 inches tall! She is in the 50% for both of those. Dr. Ortiz asked if she was talking any more. I laughed as Emily is a chatty cathy. I told her we have come up with over 300 words and that she is now up the ante to phrases and a couple of sentences. She was amazed. She told me that speech/vocab is a direct correlation to IQ at this age. That made my Mommy's heart so happy to hear. So, she said Emily is about a year ahead cognitively. Praise God for the gift he has given her in her little brain.

Joseph is now 24 pounds and 30 inches tall. He is in the 75% for both of those. I was a little worried that he was getting a little too chubby. He is perfectly proportioned for a boy his age. Dr. Ortiz was amazed that he has started talking and has at least 15 words in his vocab. Then I told him about him potty training. She just about fell off the chair. I told her I really haven't done it. In fact he crawled into the bathroom last week and was lifting his leg trying to get on the potty by himself. She was in awe that he did both functions on the potty so early. She said he is cognitively like a 20 month old and that he is the earliest potty trainer in her 20 year practice! He has just been cracking me up. I am trying to stick him on the potty more often during the day.....each time he squeezes out a drop or two at least :) What an amazing boy!!

Hannah behaved so well at the doctor's office. In fact, she was a big help and followed directions very well. She also talked to Dr. Ortiz for the first time. Usually she has been too shy. She talked her ear off this time :)

I have been challenged by what she told me to really cultivate the talents God has given my kids. Some times it feels overwhelming because I don't know where the time will come from. I really don't know how you guys do it that home school. You must have Wonder Woman underoos. You have my complete and utter admiration!

2 comments:

Scott and Beth said...

Ha...that is so funny that Joseph is about to pass Emily in size! What a big boy!

Monica said...

Yeah he is HUGE!!!! Solid as a rock. I thought he had already passed her. I guess she feels lighter because she is taller :)