Sunday, April 01, 2007

She is Gone


Tonight around 8:45pm Aunt Annie went home to be with the Lord. Our hearts are heavy already with missing her, but we are so grateful that she isn't suffering anymore. Her last days were full of agonizing pain! Death is such a horrible part of life. Please pray for all the logistics involved. I am not sure when the funeral is, nor when I will be leaving. I am thinking I will be leaving tomorrow. Allen gets 2 days paid off, so he will come up for the funeral. So, pray for me as I drive with a 3 1/2 year old, an almost 2, and an almost 1 year old :) YIKES!!!!!!!
I love you Aunt Annie! I am so grateful for all the lessons you have taught me. You have lead a very full life, and we are so happy that you are rejoicing with your Savior right now. Healed, you are perfectly and forever healed! We miss you tons already though. You will never be forgotten. Reminders of you are everywhere....from your take on growth percentages for my kids, your love for organization, your gifts of books for my kids as well as Hannah's beloved cat. I never fail to think of you when someone mentions Arizona (we had great vacations visiting you). Dog shows, Packer parties, living on a farm, and of course picking chicken eggs from evil pecking chickens remind me of you. Tonight Hannah prayed for you after you had passed. I was crying and she knew she just needed to pray. She said, "Jesus, make Aunt Annie alive again." The cool part......her prayer has been answered! You are alive and kicking probably rearranging your mansion as I speak :) No matter how many times I've said it.....I want to say one last time....I love you so very much, and I am really going to miss you! Thank you for your love for me and for my family. Good-bye Aunt Annie. I look forward to seeing you again, perhaps you will give me the grand tour when I join you in glory. XOXO

9 comments:

Scott and Beth said...

Monica, I am so sorry to read this! I will be praying for you all! Give your mom a hug for me and tell her that I'm praying for her too! I wish I could help you make the trip to the funeral. I love you!

Jen said...

Praying for you and your family my friend. What a great tribute to your aunt...it helps us get to know her like you did. We love you! Let me know if I can do anything to help.

FranknSteph said...

Praying for you and your family!

Monica said...

Thank you guys so much for your prayers. We really could use it right now. Pray for all the details that have to be worked through. I already have a praise. They are going to have the viewing on Wednesday evening, so Allen will be off Wed-Friday. We will drive up there tomorrow night together. So, now I don't have to brave the trip by myself.

Troy & Sherry said...

monica-
we are praying and love you - glad you aren't driving by yourself....hope to see you guys soon!
give the kids hugs from us!

Scott and Beth said...

How wonderful! I'm so glad God worked it out so that Allen can make the drive with you! What a relief!

nicandsi said...

oh monica i am so sorry please know that all our love is with you all at this time i'm going to mail your mum and dad i wish we could be closer so we could comfort you but know that we love you all and you are in our prayers love you all millions xxxx

Anonymous said...

Oh Monica. I feel like I've gotten to know your Aunt Annie over the past couple of months, & my heart is very heavy for you. I hope the trip there is not a hard one, & I hope you continue to find great encouragement in the Hope of Glory!!!

Cari Mohler said...

I am thinking of you and praying for you! My heart aches with you!