Monday, April 16, 2007

Frustrating *$#@@!@#@

A couple of months ago I fell in a pothole in the Market Place parking lot. I had a witness calling 911 because she thought it was such a big fall. I told her I would be ok. Then the manager came running out. She took an accident report and told me to have it checked out. Well, I decided to wait and see how I healed. My ankle was sore for a while, but now is fine. Well, now I have a problem with my knee on that side. In fact, I think I may have fluid on my knee as I have two bulges. It doesn't feel like a muscular problem. Michelle told me to go to an Ortho. So, I called the Market Place to see how they wanted to do this. The lady I talked to said I am free to call and get it checked out but that they don't feel they are liable. She said they reviewed the tape and didn't see anything I tripped in. Ridiculous!!! I had gone this weekend and took pictures of the place where I fell. You can see where they filled the huge pothole. So, I officially requested a copy of that tape when I feel and a copy of the accident report. She said she was going to be talking to the owner about what he wants to do.

I am so irritated! Any suggestions of things I should do? I do not want to pay my deductible because they were negligent!!!!!

7 comments:

Troy & Sherry said...

run your car into the front of the store....i am just teasin....hmm - i think what you are doing is ok - let them give you the tape and if they don't that kind of proves that they aren't being truthful.i am sorry you are hurting friend.

Scott and Beth said...

Haha...yay Sherry! Great idea!

Let me think...tell them your attorney, Beth Hagie will be contacting them shortly!

Sherry is right...and just make sure they know that you know they are wrong...scare them a bit! Do you happen to know who called 911 for you? Maybe she could be of some help.

Sam said...

I would go to the columbia Police Station and see if they had a copy of the 911 call. Do you know any local lawyers? (local being the key word) YOu may have to have a lawyer call for the 911 tape. I am unusure of how that works. trust me though. If you are Dealing with the Market Place. They are... well let me refrain from saying anything other than I dislike them more than I dislike pampered Chef. :)

nicandsi said...

hey hun we have a new saying in the uk its no win no fee and the solicitors will do the rest for you don't forget to take pictures of your knee and if you can get a doctor to onfirm that the injury is due to a fall thats even better good luck take care xxxx love ya xxxx

Scott and Beth said...

Is Tuesday still weight update day?

Monica said...

GRrr!!! oh well. They said they reviewed the tape and I am 8 feet away from the pothole. They said I tripped over my own feet. Now that is possible in that I am clumsy at times, but I am frustrated that I was sure I had stepped in that huge hole.

Thanks for all the advice anyway :) I have an appointment tomorrow to get it checked out. I will let you know what they find.

Anonymous said...

Can you review the tape too?