Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Weekend Review

Friday night my brother and his family came down to visit. They were also coming to drop off Gavin. It is his turn to stay for his IL vacation at our house. We had such a good time! I just wish it wouldn't go so fast.

The kids played in the backyard all day......and I mean ALL day. They got out in the backyard at 10:30. They swam in the pool until about 6pm. Then they played on the swingset the rest of the time. It was so awesome to have stuff for them to do and the room to do it :) I love love LOVE my backyard!


Allen, Chris and Dana staying cool under the covered patio. It would have been perfect if it weren't for the flies


We invited Kenny and Heather over to play for the afternoon. They all played so well together!


Pool number 3 of the summer. They keep getting bigger ;) This one was given to us. What a blessing!!!!! I can barely keep the kids out of it 24-7


We had our first ice cream truck experience. My kids didn't even know what the music was. Auntie Dana treated them all to an ice cream. Wowzers.....it must have been good :)


More melty messy faces of very happy kids


We ended the night with a campfire and s'mores. We were so very tired that we didn't stay out there long. Just long enough for yummy s'mores all around


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll bet it wouldn't cost too much to screen in your back porch. That would keep those flies out.

I'm just glad to see someone who has their kids play outside instead of watching TV or playing video games all day! We were like your kids...we wanted to be out all day long!

Monica said...

ha ha ha....do you know how fast those screens would be ripped out with my three? We have a screen door on the back door....screen already ripped out of the bottom >(