Wednesday, July 09, 2008

NC Vacation: Monday-Wed

We went to the museum on Monday then we got to come home and swim in the swimming pool. Here Hannah is relaxing while doing her lifeguard impression I guess :)


Can you picture this look 10 years from now?! Ahh....the teen years are going to be interesting. She really wasn't in a bad mood....just sick of pics I guess.


:*( He is becoming a little boy right before my eyes. No more baby!


That's my girl! That is a very typical Hannah expression


I guess this is more like the lifeguard pose


This is soooo funny. This girl walked into the coffee shop. Can you see the hand print on her shoulder? Note to self: see if someone can assist with the sunscreen next time!


Allen and Michelle with our whole troop of kids in front of the state capitol building


We went to the museum on Monday. We went because it was free admittance, plus you could pay to go see the Dead Sea Scrolls. It was a tough time as they gave you little radioes to listen to and it was dead silent in the whole exhibit.....except for our kids of course. There were a lot of old people in there that were not thrilled with the distruption. Then there was a Nazi worker that followed us around. Ugh, I wanted to just knock her block off. She was so rude. Oh well. I am still glad that I was able to see the scrolls. Well, it actually wasn't the scolls as you would picture them. There were 12 fragments of the scrolls. Very cool none the less.



Standing in a dinosaur footprint. Joseph is roaring for you

Tuesday we went to the childrens' musuem. Oh it was SO awesome. I am so jealous. I would get a membership to that museum in a heartbeat. There were so many rooms to play, perform, explore and create. Plus there were gates in the younger rooms to keep them in.

Julianna is planting her garden like Papa


This was the grocery store. They had food all over the room for the kids to shope for. They had baskets and carts. Here the girls are learning how to weigh their produce


Emily and Joseph being firefighters


Joseph and Julianna cruising in the speedboat


Joseph driving the bus


In every room they had a craft table. Here the kids were able to make tambourines. It was so well organized and clean! There were young adults all over the place whose job was to clean up all day long. It was so nice


Emily and Hannah got dressed up in some costumes and were performing on the stage


Of course, the train exhibit was one of the very favorites


This one was so cute. They had a stage kitchen with food and pots and pans. The girls really got a kick out of it


My little chefs :)



Another hit was the water station. The plastic aprons did help, but there was still a lot of getting wet. They even had hand dryers at the station.


Joseph thought it was hilarious when he discovered if he held the duck just right he could spray water all over the exhibit....all boy!


Daddy teaching Joseph how to use a saw




The girls loved the saw! They thought it was so neat that they could use real tools!!!



The grand finale: the sandbox outside!


They also had a pirate ship that had three levels. The anchor worked, the flag pole and other things. Then they had props and costumes as well. Very well done!


ARRRR.....pirate Joseph


AHHHH......finally a face picture of Julianna.....ugh....except that I somehow couldn't get it focused. RATS! Foiled again


Julianna and Em loving the water





5 comments:

Jen said...

That's so cool about seeing the dead sea scrolls! The kids look like they are having a great time other than Hannah's pool pic - ha ha I love it!

Anonymous said...

Why does Hannah look mad in those first couple pictures? This place looks like our Children's Discovery Museum. It is really neat.

Anonymous said...

...also, who does that sunburned back belong to?

Monica said...

Yeah it is so cool to say I've seen them. They were only scraps of the scrolls if the truth be told...but I guess it counts!

Monica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.