Sunday, July 06, 2008

NC Vacation: Saturday & Sunday

Emily and Julianna dancing to Veggie Tales.


Wow, I never realized how hard it would be to get a good picture of the five of them. I am sweating again just thinking about it!!! Here they are almost all looking. Julianna never wants to look for Auntie. She hasn't learned yet how relentless I can be and that usually it is easier just to cooperate right away. My kids have learned for the most part :)


Lily is the hot commodity. Hannah is so good with her!


We went to a Civil War battlefield sight on Saturday. The kids were so cute with their guns and hats. Of course Allen insisted they have union hats :)


Lily even got into the spirit of the excursion :)


For those of you who don't know, Allen is a Civil War buff! He loves learning about and especially seeing battlefields. I am even thinking that if he could have he would have made us get married at Gettysburg :) Though I have a history minor, I really don't get into it anything like he does


Joseph is such a homie. He had to turn his hat backwards


This sight was the beginning of the end. It was in the building on the left that someone surrendered to William T. Sherman. I think it was only like two weeks before the final surrender of the South. See, I am so good with all the details!


Love, love LOVE this picture!!!! It is a photo miracle. They are all looking toward the camera and Julianna is actually looking right at it. Most of my pics of her are the top of her head or her ear :P


Emily, Julianna, Hannah and Joseph with Baby Lily in the front


Julianna's favorite part....the dirt/sand


Inside the buildings. I love this old stuff. It even smelled really old


Yahoo....a family picture op. I love Hannah solemn soldier stance!


Here is the first family pic I have taken for Michelle, Alan, Julianna and Lily! I will have to get another one with Lily out of her seat. Michelle had just gotten her settled down, so we didn't think it would be a stupendous idea to disturb her.


My kids' favorite part....the sand/dirt


Me and my honey


My Julianna


They got into the fighting spirit, though they were more into the stick swords than the guns :)


Emily



Joseph


Samari Emily


Hannah


Emily...she is so easy to photograph. She is so photogenic!


My man!




Sunday the kids finally got to play in the pool. They were so excited!!!! You can see Joseph in midair in the background!


Sunday afternoon Michelle and Alan watched all the kids so that we could have a date. Wow, two dates in 8 days!!! Unheard of these days. It was super. We went out to a more authentic Mexican restaurant than we had bargained for. We actually went to a different restaurant than Michelle had suggested by accident. oh well. I was good. We have no idea if we ate cat or rat, but it was seasoned just right :P


We even got to have Mexican soda. I was worried that seeing it was bottled in Mexico that Montizuma might still have some revenge.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE all the photos, of course! Both pictures of you and Allen are wonderful!

Jen said...

That reminds me when the youth group went to Mexico, Lindsay found a larvae in the bottom of her Pepsi bottle - ahh! We decided to drink clear soda after that :)

Anonymous said...

I just realized that poor little Joseph is the only boy :)

Troy & Sherry said...

glad you had such a wonderful time - great pictures of your kids - so wonderful! :)
we love and miss you friend - some day we will be able to catch up.

Monica said...

Yeah...I know Beth. He gets excluded and pushed around a bit, but not too badly. He holds his own lately :)

Yeah, Sherry one day we will both not be insanely busy so we can chat for a sec


Jen, I so would not have had that soda without careful inspection. Want to know something gross....today I just drank a fly...well, I didn't swallow it. I couldn't figure out what was in my soda...YUCK!!!