Sigh....I am glad that week is over. Hopefully I won't be as annoyed or hungry. I have gained 5 pounds this week supposedly. Not sure how really accurate that is. I didn't take my pills all weekend. Yesterday morning I was up 10 pounds. So I lost 5 pounds of water weight yesterday. Grrr...frustrating, but I did eat horribly last week.
Allen lost those 3 pounds he had gained. He is doing awesome!
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
It is alright my friend. You had a very difficult weekend with Allen gone. You have been such an encouragement to me; I know you can do it; you are so much closer than I. Keep up the good work!
Wow, Jen! Great English. I always mess up and say "than me". Liesl...are you not impressed?
Thanks for the encouragement. I am being a total emotional eater. I need to stop that cycle. In fact, I need God to stop that cycle for me. It is so much bigger than I. Teehhheee....I had to try it out :)
I KNOW you can do it Jen. I am so in your corner. As a matter of fact, I have way more faith in you than in me.
Oh Monica, it's okay! Have you fallen off the wagon at all yet? No, you haven't -- this is the first time in, what is it, eight months? I mean, cut yourself some slack. When you fall off the horse, you dust off & get back on, righto?
*HUGE HUGS* It's just a couple pounds back, not all of them!
Yeah.....but this is frightening. After one week of caring it put on 5 pounds. I could be back to where I was in just two short months :*(
Whine...whine....I just don't want to struggle with this anymore!!!!!!
hey friend - i love you and we are praying for you guys in this journey....i know it isn't fun!you are doing awesome and....we get to see you in 2 1/2 weeks ! yahoo!
Impressive grammar.
Monica-"A just man falls 7 times and rises up again!"
U CAN DO IT
Rises up.....but my knee hurts :P
Thankfully, this has not made me want to quit. It has been a wake-up call as to more changes that have to be made unfortunately.
Hey Cari...I looked into that stuff you told me about...well, not really I saw it on the clearance shelf at Wal-Mart. It was terribly expensive and you have to take it 3 times a day. Is that the stuff?
How is your hunger these days, Liesl? Looks like you lost all your "baby fat" already.
Aw, I know you're tired -- I can hear it, we all can hear it. We're trying to help you stay the course though, woman!
Liesl breastfeeds, as far as I know, & the pounds literally melt off when you do that -- you can actually get too skinny from breastfeeding (after a while), especially if you are chasing around other kids! I "extended" breastfeed all my kids, & when they wean, I miss two things: my nursing bra size & my predilection to thin-ness.
I say all that to say she & I cheat a bit!!
As for this diet, yes, the pounds come on way faster than they go off. I don't know why that is. But I do know that the more fat is on your body, the more blood vessels are created to feed that excess flesh, & the strain on the heart is incredible. Would it help to think of this as a way to grow old & see your kids have kids & all that? I am trying to think of a new tactic or a new approach for you . . .
Anyway, you sound very defeated, & I'm praying for a breath of fresh air for you. Some new inspiration!!!!
i'm starving all the time. i do breastfeed and that does take pounds off. BUT they are not coming off as fast as they did with my firstborn. AND i crave sugar like nobody's business. it kills me. and i am fighting uti's. and that is fed by sugar. so it's really not all about pounds. it's about pleasing the Lord by taking care of this earthen vessel He's inhabiting. and i do struggle. am struggling. i think being tired is the worst enemy of the spirit-filled life for a mom. it is hard to fight when you are trying just to get through the day.
are you tired out, Monica? maybe you need some extra rest like i do. and then maybe a little time of renewal. and then we trust the Lord.
Yes, very very tired!!!!!! And the bad part is that I see no end in sight. When I was in college I could pull all-nighters....don't tell the RAs. It didn't bother me b/c I knew Saturday was coming.
Thanks for the honesty Liesl...I am strangely grateful that it hsn't been easy for you either :)
Thank you for the challenges and attempts at a new perspective, Danna. I really appreciate it.
Post a Comment