Monday, February 19, 2007

Joseph's New Room




I took this one so you could see the awesome border I found on ebay. It is antique trains, planes, & motorcycles. The plane is hanging from the ceiling. Then in the picture below there are two planes hanging in the corner. I love how it turned out :)
The paint was barely dry when I found Miss Emily writing on the walls. I just about died! Thankfully they were bath crayons and came off easily. Yeah, she thinks everything is funny!!!

7 comments:

Scott and Beth said...

I LOVE the color! I just love red paint! Scott said he will paint my dining room red when we move into our next house.

Anonymous said...

I love stuff like this, Monica -- it looks really awesome!

We were doing a vintage plane theme when we were adopting back in 2003. I still have most of the stuff. If I box it up & send it to you, do you think you would use it?

Monica said...

Thanks Beth. You should....red makes for an awesome dining room! He is soo very sweet :)

Danna....yes, yes YES!!!! I would love to have it. I didn't know you guys were adopting?? If you care to, I would be interested in your tale and experience. Allen said that might be an option for us if we still want four. You don't need the stuff for RY?

Anonymous said...

Yeah! We had been diagnosed with "secondary infertility" after having Kelli (& trying for 3 1/2 yrs to have a baby). So we were heavily in the process of adopting from Russia. Everything was set except for the final stages of the big money & the trips. And . . . then . . . I got pregnant! Ack!

We still talk about adopting, but the kids would be older & we'd like to adopt a slightly older child. Not sure -- we toss the idea around.

I will go get everything out & box it up & ship it sometime this week! I'm excited! It's made me sad knowing it's sitting down there -- I couldn't use it for Ry b/c it was meant for a very special little Russian boy. I felt too weird about it.

Monica said...

I have heard of that happening to quite a few couples! That had to have been bitter sweet, after all that planning and things....but then you got your Karis.

I would love for you to share these things Joseph. That is really special! What can I pay you for this stuff??

Anonymous said...

Don't be a dork, no pay, no pay! (say that like David Spade in Emperor's New Groove "no touchy, no touchy!")

I just dug it out today -- there is a lot of weird stuff. The lamp appears to be broken too -- I think I'm gonna take pictures of everything, email them to you, & then you tell me what you want. What's a good email address?

Monica said...

You so make me laugh...I could totally hear you saying that while waving your long slender finger ;P

Sounds like a very good idea! My email is MandA92201@yahoo.com

Thank you so much!!!!