On the Sunday before last, we were reading the story of Adam and Eve again for devotions before bed. We were talking about how all sin has a punishment. We talked about Adam and Eve had to pay for their sin by leaving the garden. So, we started to touch on our sins and that there is a payment needed for our sin and that the only way for us to pay for our sins is by going to hell. Yes, I tell me kids the whole truth even when it is at times scary! Then we were telling them (Hannah mainly as the other two had lost interest) that the good news was that Jesus wants to pay for our sins for us so we can go to heaven.
Hannah was really getting it. She told me immediately that she didn't want to pay for her sins herself. I didn't want to push or anything. So we put them to bed.
The next morning Hannah jumped in my bed. The first thing she told me was that before she went to bed the night before she prayed and ask Jesus to pay for her sins! Praise God!!! It is that simple. She knows she sins (she even can name them :P), she knows sin needs a payment/punishment, she knows the only way to pay it herself is in hell, she wants Jesus to pay her debt so she can go to heaven to be with Aunt Annie :) Precious......she asked me right away if Aunt Annie was paying for her own sins. I was happy to tell her that Aunt Annie had asked Jesus to pay for her too.
Thank you, Lord!!!!
Tuesday, September 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
How wonderful! What a wonderful post! I am so happy for you Hannah and for you too! She is really growing in to such a sweet and wise young lady! You are doing a great job!
So glad to hear this! I don't think that there is ever a time when children are too young to hear the "good news" of what Jesus did for all of us.
I can't believe how mature she is at times. I am just praising the Lord for her salvation. I can understand the verse about there is no greater joy than to hear your children walk in truth
How awesome! Sierra did the same thing this past weekend. We had been talking a lot about salvation since we had went to Cassie's funeral. I had talked to her one afternoon and Steve had told her how he got saved before bed. When we woke up she told us she had asked Jesus to be her Savior!
what a cool blessing for you guys!
Jen!!!!! That is sooo wonderful. Congratulations to you as well. It is so comforting to know where your child will spend eternity! That is so funny that she did it all by herself before she went to be bed just like Hannah! Praise God
Now that fills my heart with joy!
Oh, how sweet is childlike faith.
Post a Comment