Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Labor Day

Monday we went to the Labor Day parade in Belleville with Papa. He was a union operating engineer for many many years. So we got to ride in the parade with his union. We got tons of free stuff like the new tshirts, hats, frisbees, water bottles, chip clips. It was terribly hot but we had a great time!

Waiting for the parade to start. We even got to ride on the retiree wagon instead of having to walk in the parade when it was 90 out.
Trying out some cool equipment!
One thing that I didn't like was the behavior of a lot of the parade goers. They were so ungrateful and actually rude. They wouldn't pick up the candy thrown. They were yelling what item they wanted us to throw to them...."give me a frisbeee, give me a frisbee" Then some were even picky! "No...I want a green ruler" Unbelievable. One lady with barely any teeth didn't get all the frisbees she wanted for her group so she was following next to us lisping that she needed some more frisbees, "Heey, I love to play wit a fisbee....give me anotha one" White trash at its finest. People never cease to amaze me
Thank you, Papa for taking us with you to your fun parade!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you all got to be in the parade and even ride! How cool! I'm sure the kids were thrilled!